View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:13 pm 
I've been trying to install R5D1 on two different machines and on one it always freezes at the same point - when near the end it's doing the sample conversion of 5 images. It always freezes on 3 of 5 for this machine.

And it is frozen, not just very slow, I ssh to the machine and run top, and see the system stop responding, num lock freezes, the machine doesn't ping anymore; it's a hard freeze.

However my question is, what script is it running at the time? I know it does a bunch of other things after this step, and I'd like to manually run those so I'm sure my box is properly configured. However I've hunted around and can't find where this script is. Could someone point me at it please?

Thanks.

Oh, and if anyone wanted to debug this problem it's an AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 512MB ram, WinTV PVR-350, and Matrox G450 video card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:04 pm 
Site Admin
"sample conversion of 5 images" What are you referring to? The script that runs is dependent on the installation you are during. Look at KnoppMyth-[aiu]* in /usr/local/bin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:54 pm 
cecil wrote:
"sample conversion of 5 images" What are you referring to? The script that runs is dependent on the installation you are during. Look at KnoppMyth-[aiu]* in /usr/local/bin.

That's the step, thanks.

Yes, very odd how it freezes during a simple image conversion. Anyhow, the machine seems to run correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:16 pm 
Have you run memtest86+ overnight on the machine? If not, I suggest you do so. If you see any errors, start by going into your bios and adjusting the memory timing parameters.