View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: WinTv-PVR150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:27 pm 
I'm pretty embarrassed to be asking for a solution to a problem that most of you must find as childs play, but here it goes.

Trying to set up my first mythbox using knoppmyth. I have one Hauppauge pvr-150 in my PC. Installation process went by fairly quickly, and I'm pretty sure I entered all my settings correctly. To make it short I'm thinking its the lack of internet service to pull up the channel info thats causing the problem, since the IR remote is working perfectly. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

As a side question. My geforce fx5200 isn't working for tv out. Do the drivers come prepacked in the latest version of knoppmyth?

Once again, I apologize for asking such idiotic questions, but I would greatly appreciate a helpful answer.

Dmesg

Ivtv0: Initialized WinTV PVR 150, card #0
lirc_pvr150:Chip found with rx and tx
ivtvo: i2c attach to card #0 ok [client=hauppauge pvr150 ir rx, addr=71]

Post subject: Re: WinTv-PVR150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:32 am 
Geta wrote:
I'm pretty embarrassed to be asking for a solution to a problem that most of you must find as childs play, but here it goes.

dont be .. everything i ask is childs play

Quote:
To make it short I'm thinking its the lack of internet service to pull up the channel info thats causing the problem, since the IR remote is working perfectly. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

err.. can you describe the problem more specifically. no you don't *need* internet to scan for channels and watch tv. you do need it to get the electric program guide data.

Quote:
As a side question. My geforce fx5200 isn't working for tv out. Do the drivers come prepacked in the latest version of knoppmyth?

the best starting point for tv out is to use the nvidia sample file. you need to tell X to use tv out. the xorg.conf file does this.. its located in /etc/X11

i guess the easiest thing to do is:

Code:

mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.original.bak
mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.nvidia.tv.out.sample /etc/X11/xorg.conf

note .. ive renamed the original nvidia sample file.. so the file name i provided might not be quite right. if it does work, just list the /etc/X11 directory and look for a similar file

if you live in a ntsc region, and you're connecting to your tv through the svideo connector, you can just type reboot and your puter will reboot.

this presumes you are only connecting via tv out.. it is apparently more complicated to do both a monitor and a tv at the same time.

if you live in pal land, or want to connect via composite, you'll need to modify the sample file.. its fairly simple

Post subject: Re: WinTv-PVR150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:38 am 
Geta wrote:
Trying to set up my first mythbox using knoppmyth. I have one Hauppauge pvr-150 in my PC. Installation process went by fairly quickly, and I'm pretty sure I entered all my settings correctly. To make it short I'm thinking its the lack of internet service to pull up the channel info thats causing the problem, since the IR remote is working perfectly. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
You didn't describe the problem you are experiencing, so I'll make a guess and say you are getting a black screen when you go to "Watch TV". See http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page ... WatchingTV

Geta wrote:
What version of KnoppMyth did you install? How are you connecting the FX5200 to your TV? Is your FX5200 also connected to a monitor on the VGA port?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:38 am 
Tv out will just work automatically without configuring anything. All you have to do is disconnect your computer monitor from the video card and have your tv connected to the video out before you turn on your knoppmyth box.

If you want to switch it while it's running, you need to restart the frontend (cntl-alt-backspace) after disconnecting and reconnecting the monitors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:33 am 
Site Admin
Why the frell is this being posted in KnoppMyth > Installation. That is what you should be embarrassed about! People are willing to help... I spend countless hours working on KnoppMyth so it can be easy. I just ask one thing, post the appropriate area of the forum.