View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:39 pm 
Changed Subject to help Searching
For the most part my install from R5C7 to R5F27 went well.
Got a couple of key things that I need to get fixed and then some random items to work out.

1) MBE is dragon 1.1 based for Hardware minus soundcard and using a PVR 150 with Hauppauge Dogbone remote.

The machine almost always recognizes the remote control. I say almost always because if it is through a reboot I seem to lose it, but a power down and wait a few minutes it seems to always work.

The problem, I cannot control my settop dish network box.
Output in syslog is

Code:
Sep 16 15:53:59 mythtv lircd-0.8.2-CVS-pvr150[2958]: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
Sep 16 15:53:59 mythtv lircd-0.8.2-CVS-pvr150[2958]: could not get file information for /dev/lirc0
Sep 16 15:53:59 mythtv lircd-0.8.2-CVS-pvr150[2958]: default_init(): No such file or directory
Sep 16 15:53:59 mythtv lircd-0.8.2-CVS-pvr150[2958]: caught signal

It was working this morning so I reran lirc-reconfig.sh The remote now works. The output above went away following that.

I imagine Lircrc is the Remote control file.

I added back in my lircd.conf which I believe is the unique file to my dish settop box but I cannot change channels on my Dish box. I do not see the IR LED flash when it tries.

One thing I notice in my change_channel script it is looking for /usr/local/bin/irblaster

That file does not exist. What did we change that to?

Alright calling this one Solved as I now had irsend.
Searched for it yesterday , no dice. This morning looked over the other Change-Channel-Lirc.sh in there and it was referencing irsend as well but no path

I started digging, and found it irsend has moved to /usr/bin from /usr/local/bin.
Modified my change_channel.sh script in $rc_remote to reflect that new path and woohoo! we are blasting again. Now onto bigger and better things!

Still a great install, really like some of the new features.