View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:12 pm 
I have install Knoppmyth R5F27 on a Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H with a Athlon X2 4800 CPU and Seagate 500gig SATA drive. I am getting the following error after the system reboots following the installation

INIT: ID "c7" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

The installation appears to go successfully. Anybody have any ideas what this might be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:30 pm 
You didn't mention what video chipset or tuner(s) you are using, but a search of the forums for "respawning too fast" will result in hits such as
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16258
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16614

and don't miss the R5F27 Hints and Tips here: http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16384

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:35 pm 
Thanks for the assistance, the Hints and Tips seems to have the answer. Now all I need to do is find out how I look at the logs to find the error and where I get a driver for the AMD/ATI 690g onboard graphics??

Post subject: Re: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:37 pm 
peterw wrote:
Now all I need to do is find out how I look at the logs to find the error

There's a link in the R5F27 Hints and in my signature block. Go to the troubleshooting page on the wiki. The first link on that page is to the (recently updated) CheckingLogFiles page.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:51 pm 
peterw wrote:
I have install Knoppmyth R5F27 on a Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H ...

Were you able to get that on-board graphics working with that board? I'm thinking of purchasing it. Thanks!

Marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:34 pm 
Don't know if you are still considering this board, but in case someone else is, I got it to work. It's not tier one, due to needing to install ATI's drivers (specifically 8.5, do not use 8.6-8.8 as they have a problem with myth overlaying the desktop. Common issue that I hope ATI fixes soon!) But once you install the drivers, which is a simple shell script that needs run, it works like a charm. I am using the HDMI out and the onboard optical SPDIF. Human's twk_audio.pl script sets up the audio perfectly. This box replaced my Dragon 1.1 system due to the 1.1 Dragon's mediocre performance playing back HD content with R5.5.

Post subject: GA-MA69GM-S2H
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:54 pm 
I just upgraded my SD system from an Epia 10K to this board, but I'm still struggling with one problem with the video. I get great video using the S-video output to the TV, but as soon as I stop the video the frontend dies with a segfault. I've tried all of the ATI driver versions from 8.4 up to 8.8, and they all give me either this behavior or incredibly slow playback (~1fps). I'm guessing that I still have a problem with my xorg.conf file; would you mind posting yours so I can compare it to mine?