View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:08 am 
I auto-installed R5.5 on an essentially new box. (2 PVR-150's and an iMON VFD were recycled from the previous incarnation.) One of the PVR-150s is the MCE flavor, ie with the MCE USB remote receiver; the iMON VFD also has a remote receiver.

In the install it appears both remotes were detected and both klms are active:
Code:
$ lsmod | grep lirc
lirc_mod_mce           18948  1
lirc_imon              19080  1
lirc_dev               16132  2 lirc_mod_mce,lirc_imon
usbcore               125448  11 usbhid,lirc_mod_mce,usb_storage,uhci_hcd,lirc_imon,ehci_hcd,ohci_hcd

but the config files only seem to have one remote; the MCE.

What I see as the "bug" here is that it configured the MCE remote, and pointed hardware.conf at /dev/lirc0, when the MCE was actually at /dev/lirc1.

I'm not sure if there's anything worth fixing here, since I imagine 99.9% of users only have one remote receiver. -- Maybe a caveat in the install instructions; "If you're going to have more than one remote receiver, you may need to tweak the DEVICE= line in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf to point to the right device"

I did have modified startup scripts that allowed me to use BOTH remotes at the same time, but I havn't gotten around to restoring them yet. If I'm wrong and there actually is interest in a multi-remote mythbox I can take notes during my re-setup, and provide details, and maybe a wiki article...