View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:43 pm 
Hey folks, hows it going? This is my first post into the forum. I've been using KnoppMyth for about two months now and all I can say is: LOVE IT!

I've had a few small problems along the way, but thankfully I'm not a complete Linux n00b, so I've been able to get those issues fixed up.

Until now. I'm having a bit of an issue with burnt dvds. SOME burnt dvds.

Now, lets not get into a discussion about pirating here, lets just try to diagnose the issue at hand. :) Say a friend lends me a dvd, and I make a direct copy of it with, say, 1-Click DVD Copy. Presto. Those burnt dvds play 100% perfectly fine on my KnoppMyth box.

Now, say, I download a movie, an avi, and I use, say, WinAVIVideoConverter to convert that AVI into a DVD. WinAVI spits out the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, and then I use a separate program to burn those folders to a disc. These discs play perfectly fine on my standalone DVD player, but when I try to play them on my KnoppMyth box, they dont play.

The error? I'm not sure, it comes up really fast and immediately disappears, so I'm not able to write down exactly what it says. Its some XINE error, I do believe, but beyond that, I cant really say.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go from here? This is pretty much my last issue with KnoppMyth, and once I get this fixed, its going to be perfect. Recording works great, burning dvds of my recordings works great, it was super simple to install and setup with my Hauppauge 150 card. I just cant say enough great things about it.

THANKS!
~~Aryq~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:06 pm 
You can open a terminal session and run xine from there and when xine closes you will able to read what happened.