View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:46 pm 
When I'm watching live tv, I can't get the channel to change using the remote. When I press the channel up key, it just shows the time in the upper right of the screen, and a blue bar across the bottom. The original channel plays fine, and I don't see any issues with it, but I can't seem to navigate to other channels.

Advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:12 pm 
Myth is very keyboard centric, and the remote is based on that, so use the arrrow keys like you would on the keyboard. Up for channel up, down for channel down...

Look in your /home/mythtv/.lircrc file for more. The mappings are basically to keyboard equivalents...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:39 pm 
Quote:
Myth is very keyboard centric, and the remote is based on that, so use the arrrow keys like you would on the keyboard. Up for channel up, down for channel down...

This was what I had assumed and expected to see. Instead, up and down both just caused the time and a blue bar across the bottom of the screen to appear. In any case, I was working on a couple other things, and then rebooted, and the issue seems to have resolved itself, as the channels are now changing as expected. I think perhaps it was because I had been messing with test_ioctl to get the tv feed in the first place, and hadn't rebooted since rerunning mythtv-setup.

In any case, thanks again. Issue resolved.

-swc

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:14 am 
SWC wrote:
When I'm watching live tv, I can't get the channel to change using the remote. When I press the channel up key, it just shows the time in the upper right of the screen, and a blue bar across the bottom. The original channel plays fine, and I don't see any issues with it, but I can't seem to navigate to other channels.

Advice?

There is a setting in MythTV for whether the channel changes upon pressing the up / down arrows or just browsing the programming guide (I'm not at my system now to confirm what this option is). The later option sounds like what you describe and, in order to go to one of the channels, you need to press the OK button on the remote.

HTH