View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:19 am 
Hello clever Knoppmyth types :P

I have two tuners in my R5F1 frontend/backend MythTV box, an Avermedia Volar (A808) USB DVB-T and a Compro Videomate T-300 hybrid DVB-T/Analogue tuner - Both of which are detected correctly and work "out of the box".
MythTV sees three tuners - 1 DVB from the Compro, one analogue from the Compro and a DVB from the Volar USB. The two DVB's have high priorities(1,2), the analogue low(0). I only ever use DVB, I do not need or want to use the analogue side of the Compro.

My problem lies where MythTV tries to use three tuners(say, two are recording and someone tries to watch Livetv) - trying to use both the DVB and Analogue on the Compro(not possible!). This causes my PC to instantly freeze requiring a hard reset.
I have tried setting the Input connections for the analogue to "None" in Myth-setup, disabling Video sources, or just not configuring it, which cause worse problems - the backend always going down for starters.......

So the question is........"Is there a way to tell MythTV, to never, even if it thinks it sees the four horsemen of the apocalypse riding over the hill, ever use the Analogue tuner?"

Also, thankyou to everyone who put their time, knowledge and effort into Knoppmyth.

RTD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:37 am 
In mythtv-setup can you not just delete the analogue capture card?