View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Question about USB media
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:44 am 
I am way behind on my upgrades... I am running R5A26 (rock solid for over a year with no changes except for a few tweeks when I first installed it).

Anyway, I am going to upgrade to the latest release in a day or two and I want to copy some of my recordings and I would like to copy them to an external USB drive I have instead of over my network to one of my other machines (I don't want to do a backup/restore upgrade as I don't have that many recordings, less then 15).

Does R5A26 auto detect and auto mount USB drives? If not, what do I need to do the get it config'ed?

Thanks for the great work on the latest release and for all the members here who are more than helpful.

John

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:16 am 
Site Admin
johnboy68 wrote:
Does R5A26 auto detect and auto mount USB drives? If not, what do I need to do the get it config'ed?
I cannot remember back that far. But, if it doesn't. This question has been answered please search.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:45 am 
I have had success with USB drives. I had a problem (self-inflicted) however, it was resolved here:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 7562#97562

You need to be aware of the filesystem type on the USB HDD. I was able to get VFAT to work without any problems and tinkering with NTFS today.