View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:50 pm 
First, let me say that I've recently setup KnoppMyth and made everything work. I LOVE it! So thanks to everybody who's on this project. ESPECIALLY Cecil! Now that said, here's my issue:

When I insert a CD or DVD that has avi or divx files, MythGallery loads. It doesn't seem to find the files if the DVD had divx files on them, but it seems to find the avi ones! For now, I exit, go to Watch Video, and see all the files. I watch them and when I'm done I hit the drive's button to eject the DVD but it does not work! I have to go to Optical Drives and choose Eject.

I tried to find a fix by searching the forum and googling, but could not :(

1. How do I fix that? I'd like to be able to get the DVD back without having to use the remote. Just pressing the eject button on the drive, the good old way!

2. Is there a way I can tell MythGallery not to load? And instead get the Watch Video menu? I mostly stick in CDs or DVDs with video on them. If I once in a while stick in data or pictures, I'll just go to MythGallery manually!

Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:53 am 
anyone??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:08 pm 
alt-x
eject

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:48 pm 
mythedoff wrote:
alt-x
eject

without using the keyboard either.. just ejecting it as it should eject! pressing the button on the drive itself. it works with regular dvds (after i watch a dvd i can eject it). why not when mythgallery fires up?

actually, making mythvideo fire up instead of mythgallery may solve the issue :) and i'd like to know how to do that anyway. so far, i couldn't find anything about this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:24 pm 
fra wrote:
2. Is there a way I can tell MythGallery not to load? And instead get the Watch Video menu? I mostly stick in CDs or DVDs with video on them. If I once in a while stick in data or pictures, I'll just go to MythGallery manually!
I believe you want to disable "Monitor CD/DVD" under Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> General (a few screens in)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:45 pm 
slowtolearn wrote:
I believe you want to disable "Monitor CD/DVD" under Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> General (a few screens in)

ok. this is one possible solution. would be nicer if DVDs still get recognized and give me the optical discs menu, but anything that has data (avi, divx, etc) gives me the watch videos menu. (for now it gives the mythgallery menu) if that's not possible, i'm happy with the solution you suggested :)
[i'll also check if ejecting the usual way works in this case!]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:04 am 
slowtolearn wrote:

turns out doing so disables automounting of cdroms and dvds!!!!! so that's definitely not what i want. what i'd like is to have mythvideo load instead of mythgallery. that's all.

if there's no way around it, i'll just program a button on my remote to go to Media Library! and there, i can choose mythvideo, mythmusic, mythgallery, or mythwhatever! :)

this still doesn't solve the "eject bug". like i said: when i stick in a cd with divx movies on it, mythgallery loads and it doesn't even see those movies. mythvideo sees them as being inside the symbolic link to cdrom (inside /mythtv/video/). BUT the bug is that i cannot eject the cd by just pressing on the eject button on the drive. i can do so from the keyboard (eject, from a terminal) or by going into Optical Drives and choosing Eject (or now, choosing the new Eject button I added to Media Library).

even though i found a way around it, doesn't mean it's not a bug! i'd like to see it solved, just 'cos i grew to really like KM... but have no clue how. hence the thread.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:58 am 
fra wrote:
when I'm done I hit the drive's button to eject the DVD but it does not work!

That is by design. When MythTV is accessing the drive (i.e. MythGallery or MythVideo is listing the directory or viewing a file), it locks the drive so that the physical eject button is disabled.

If you really want to use the on-drive button, I think you may have to exit the plugin (i.e. go to the top-level menu) - but I am not 100% sure that unlocks it.

If your remote has an appropriate button, the most sensible thing is to add a key binding for the EJECT action.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:26 am 
nigelpearson wrote:
That is by design. When MythTV is accessing the drive (i.e. MythGallery or MythVideo is listing the directory or viewing a file), it locks the drive so that the physical eject button is disabled.

If you really want to use the on-drive button, I think you may have to exit the plugin (i.e. go to the top-level menu) - but I am not 100% sure that unlocks it.

If your remote has an appropriate button, the most sensible thing is to add a key binding for the EJECT action.

I see. So the eject issue is not a bug. Understood. [btw going to the top level menu does not help]

Yeah, binding Eject to a button was the next thing I was gonna do.

But what about loading mythvideo instead of mythgallery?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:41 am 
fra wrote:
But what about loading mythvideo instead of mythgallery?

What plugin is jumped to depends on what media is inserted. The jump rules are compiled in to the plugins, and are currently:

MEDIATYPE_DATA | MEDIATYPE_MIXED -> MythGallery
Mostly gif,jpg,png files -> MythGallery
MEDIATYPE_DVD or MEDIATYPE_VCD -> MythVideo

I think MythGallery is always loading for you because your disks are DATA disks (and not DVDV or VCD disks, which have to have particular directories on them).

The MythTV developers would have to add rules for .avi or .divx files to jump to MythVideo.