View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:47 pm 
I install KnoppMyth r5f27 last night and set up a recording through mythweb then converted it to an avi. The avi file ended up in /myth/pretty but does not show up in mythweb under recorded programs. Only the .nuv file is shown. Is there a way to set up mythweb so I can download the converted avi files and delete them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:04 pm 
I'm not sure what steps you followed to get an avi, or how it ended up in pretty. -When I transcode, I get an mpg file in the /myth/tv dir. The Pretty directory should have nothing but symlinks to the /myth/TV directory. The symlinks have pretty names, so you get "Family Guy - 2007-11-25.mpg" instead of 1047_20071125210000.mpg In any event the easiest way to access the actual files would be to start file sharing, and just remote mount the /myth volume.

If you're trying to access from a Windows PC, start SAMBA (A forum search or the wiki should be able to tell you the specifics.)

If you're looking to access from another Linux box use NFS. (Again, search the forum or wiki)

Just remember if you're dealing with an actual recording, even after transcoding, use the front end or mythweb to order the delete. If you just delete the file directly the database gets angry. MythWeb and the front-end gui clean the database too. If you've run some script to create the avi, then the original recording should be intact, and you can delete the avi at will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:13 am 
Site Admin
Anything that show up in "pretty" is the result of a script that parses the db and gives pretty names to the recordings. If you want to manage stream avis, you may want to look at using myth2xvid.