View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: DVD Rip Broken
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:59 pm 
I posted this previously in Hints and Tips, but realized it probably wasn't the right one. So, I'm posting here instead.

Anyway, I'm running R5F27, and when I attempt to legally rip DVDs to either Perfect or ISO, it doesn't work properly. When I try a rip, it creates thousands of files in the video directory with names like DVD_Title_001of2206, DVD_Title_002of2206, etc. Each file is no more than 3MB, and I can't play the resulting files. Rip stops without any messages, and I don't see anything in the syslog to indicate what's going on. I've looked all through the forum and can't find these exact symptoms. Any help is appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:59 pm 
Works for me. Did you go into the Video Manger under Utilities/Setup so it had a chance to scan for and recognize it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:07 pm 
tjc wrote:
Works for me. Did you go into the Video Manger under Utilities/Setup so it had a chance to scan for it?

Yes. All 2206 files (in this case; I've tried several DVDs) show up in Video Manager. Just for kicks, I tried to play file 01, but of course it just immediately pops back to the menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:21 pm 
"Perfect" should produce a single .vob file. If it doesn't there's something wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:01 pm 
tjc wrote:
"Perfect" should produce a single .vob file. If it doesn't there's something wrong.

Do you know what config files determine what commands are used to do the rip? Perhaps that could give a clue as to what's wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:57 pm 
Did some more digging, and found this: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mtd. It talks about mtd and transcode--the daemons that do the work in ripping DVDs. The wiki page refers to the database tables that configure mtd, but I'm a little shaky as to what the best method is to verify that the info in there is correct. Thoughts?