View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:54 pm 
Has anyone gotten svn to compile correctly under the new QT4 updates? I'm still struggling on getting the mythplugins to compile correctly.

I'm also not sure which QT4 packages need to be installed for a successful compile.

Dwaine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:01 am 
You have to remove existing QT3 packages and install the QT4. SVN does compiles but stops at the mysql code. I checked, but there is no package for mysql for 4.3 QT4.

I checked stable, unstable, testing.

Looks like SVN will not be an option for us running knoppmyth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:04 am 
Perhaps http://packages.debian.org/sid/libqt4-sql ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:47 am 
mythtv does not work with QT4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:12 am 
mrjackson wrote:
mythtv does not work with QT4.
No current release uses QT4, but that's where they are taking it: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/search?q=qt4

As Dwaine is trying to compile SVN, he'll need QT4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:28 am 
I tried the beta 4.x of QT4 v4.0 beta but it's not totally complete yet. It did have the mysql library. Still would not compile.

I guess we will have to wait until there are packages for QT4 v4.00.

Dwaine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:29 am 
as of yesterday, svn is not recomended as there are a bunch of changes being made (this is from one of the irc chans)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:29 am 
slowtolearn wrote:

That package does not work. Tried it. You need the package libqt-mysql. Looks like for 4.3 the package does not exist. Only for v4.00 beta.

Dwaine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:32 am 
mrjackson wrote:
as of yesterday, svn is not recomended as there are a bunch of changes being made (this is from one of the irc chans)

If Debian had the package libqt-mysql for 4.3.2, then I think it would compile ok. SVN does compile perfectly fine upto the point where the mysql code is needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:55 am 
dwaine wrote:
slowtolearn wrote:

That package does not work. Tried it. You need the package libqt-mysql. Looks like for 4.3 the package does not exist. Only for v4.00 beta.

Dwaine
Interesting. I wonder what the MythTV devs are using? You could probably get a quick answer here, or perhaps one of the devs will happen along and shine a light on this post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:36 pm 
slowtolearn wrote:
dwaine wrote:
slowtolearn wrote:

Dwaine
Interesting. I wonder what the MythTV devs are using? You could probably get a quick answer here, or perhaps one of the devs will happen along and shine a light on this post...

Looks like there are packages for other Linux Distributions. I noticed that Fedora had the libqt4-mysql package and source available for 4.3.2.

For Debian, looks like the package is only offered in the experimental repo. Which is some 4.00beta. Funny, because unstable and testing have 4.3.2.

I think that the devs are most like using another distro, other than Debian.

Dwaine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:48 pm 
[/quote]Interesting. I wonder what the MythTV devs are using? You could probably get a quick answer here, or perhaps one of the devs will happen along and shine a light on this post...[/quote]

Good idea, I'm going to sign up and mention that Debian does not have the libqt4-msql package for stable, unstable or testing.

Does anyone know how to go about getting a package created and in the repo?

Sorry, I'm a Fedora guy...

Dwaine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:26 pm 
Dwaine, have you found an answer to this? I noticed a newer post at gossamer-threads, don't know if this is what you are up against (or if it offers any help).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:24 pm 
slowtolearn wrote:
Dwaine, have you found an answer to this? I noticed a newer post at gossamer-threads, don't know if this is what you are up against (or if it offers any help).

Yeah, that post did have the fix for the compile problem. Looks like during the compile, it checks the libmyth libraries. I had to delete all the libmyth* files. Then do a recompile. Even from time to time you have to go back and remove all the libmyth* files when you compile SVN. Maybe the patch will resolve the continued deletion issue. I even notice that when it fails to compile completely. I have to do a make distclean.

I using SVN with the QT4 stuff right now. Works great.

I'm also typing up a very quick step list for people. I'm also going to update the SVN script that is in this section. You have to change the EXPORT from QT3 to QT4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:06 pm 
dwaine wrote:
slowtolearn wrote:

Yeah, that post did have the fix for the compile problem. Looks like during the compile, it checks the libmyth libraries. I had to delete all the libmyth* files. Then do a recompile. Even from time to time you have to go back and remove all the libmyth* files when you compile SVN. Maybe the patch will resolve the continued deletion issue. I even notice that when it fails to compile completely. I have to do a make distclean.

I using SVN with the QT4 stuff right now. Works great.

I'm also typing up a very quick step list for people. I'm also going to update the SVN script that is in this section. You have to change the EXPORT from QT3 to QT4.
That's good to know! Thanks for the update.

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next