View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:03 pm 
This has been tested with Anysee E30+ DVB-T -version in KnoppMyth R5.5. So far the Conax is not supported. Anysee is very common external USB tuner at least here in Finland, and I've long wanted to have it working in my MythBox.

First the easy part. Get the latest v4l -drivers and compile. Note that you may need to get an older revision of v4l if the head revision doesn't compile, there are often problems with it.
Code:
su
apt-get install mercurial linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essential
hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/
cd v4l-dvb
make distclean
make
sudo make install
sudo rmmod dvb_usb_anysee dvb_usb dvb_core tda10023 dvb_pll zl10353 mt352

Next you will have to run mythtv-setup and define the tuner. One would think that it is a v4l device, since you are using v4l drivers. No. It is a "DTV DVB (v. 3.x)" device, and it should be automatically found as Zarlink -based device. Then you'll have to scan for channels, just like you normally do. Use "Full scan". Do not import channels.conf, even if it seems like an easy solution. I'll explain that later.

Channel scan should find all the channels. Now to the bad part: when you go to watch television, it is most likely that the channels won't tune.This is because something messed up the frequencies of table "dtv_multiplex"in the database. So, back to mythtv-setup, and edit the transports manually. All the other values should be correct, only frequencies should be changed. And of course you have the local frequency table at hand, so this is not a big task. (For Finnish users see DigiTV frequency table for your local freqs.) If you brought in the channels.conf, the little gremlin inside MythTV will also mess up all the other values in the table.

Too easy? Not yet. The multiplex table isn't ordered in any particular order according to the frequencies. You can't ever count on adjusting according to the closest frequencies. You'll just have to edit them, go back and see which channels are working. That way you know which multiplex has correct frequency.

Working nicely, with MSI K7TTurbo, Nvidia MX 440, AMD 1800+ with a Prodige 4+1 USB -port PCI card.

MBE&FE: GeForce MX440, Athlon XP 2000+, MSI KT333 Ultra, onboard audio, 512 MB, 2 x Technotrend T1500 DVB-T, LiteOn DVD±RW 16x DW1650-488C, Seagate 250 GB
FE: 1500MHz Geforce MX200-V, int. audio, 256MB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:27 pm 
auttila wrote:
This has been tested with Anysee E30+ DVB-T -version in KnoppMyth R5.5. So far the Conax is not supported. Anysee is very common external USB tuner at least here in Finland, and I've long wanted to have it working in my MythBox.

First the easy part. Get the latest v4l -drivers and compile. Note that you may need to get an older revision of v4l if the head revision doesn't compile, there are often problems with it.
Code:
su
apt-get install mercurial linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essential
hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/
cd v4l-dvb
make distclean
make
sudo make install
sudo rmmod dvb_usb_anysee dvb_usb dvb_core tda10023 dvb_pll zl10353 mt352

Next you will have to run mythtv-setup and define the tuner. One would think that it is a v4l device, since you are using v4l drivers. No. It is a "DTV DVB (v. 3.x)" device, and it should be automatically found as Zarlink -based device. Then you'll have to scan for channels, just like you normally do. Use "Full scan". Do not import channels.conf, even if it seems like an easy solution. I'll explain that later.

Channel scan should find all the channels. Now to the bad part: when you go to watch television, it is most likely that the channels won't tune.This is because something messed up the frequencies of table "dtv_multiplex"in the database. So, back to mythtv-setup, and edit the transports manually. All the other values should be correct, only frequencies should be changed. And of course you have the local frequency table at hand, so this is not a big task. (For Finnish users see DigiTV frequency table for your local freqs.) If you brought in the channels.conf, the little gremlin inside MythTV will also mess up all the other values in the table.

Too easy? Not yet. The multiplex table isn't ordered in any particular order according to the frequencies. You can't ever count on adjusting according to the closest frequencies. You'll just have to edit them, go back and see which channels are working. That way you know which multiplex has correct frequency.

Working nicely, with MSI K7TTurbo, Nvidia MX 440, AMD 1800+ with a Prodige 4+1 USB -port PCI card.

I have followed these instructions but I simply cannot get it working here on KPN in the Netherlands. I've scanned and gotten wrong frequencies, updated it from the data in this table: http://home.planet.nl/~ploe2070/fmtv/dv ... kpntv.html. Ie I edited it to make sure everything is set correctly, frequency and all the other parameters

When select live TV it shows up channels but keeps stating partial lock, signal 32% and never locks.. :S I'm not sure what else to-do?

Any help GREATLY appreciated, I'm trying to set this system up for a demo.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:26 pm 
NickDC wrote:
I've scanned and gotten wrong frequencies, updated it from the data in this table: http://home.planet.nl/~ploe2070/fmtv/dv ... kpntv.html. Ie I edited it to make sure everything is set correctly, frequency and all the other parameters

Actually, All the other parameters should be correct (or then I just got lucky). Only frequencies were wrong.

Try installing Kaffeine (apt-get install kaffeine). It came to the fluxbox menus and it works out of the box for me. If it works, then the problem is with MythTV setup, otherwise in Anysee setup or bad signal. You can also try to run scan to create a channels.conf -file, and see if it finds all the channels.

NickDC wrote:
When select live TV it shows up channels but keeps stating partial lock, signal 32% and never locks.. :S I'm not sure what else to-do?

32% is quite low for Anysee. Are you using house antenna, or the builtin antenna? The symptoms you are having seem to be exactly the same as still having wrong frequencies in the multiplexes. When I had false frequencies, the signal was 28% or something.

MBE&FE: GeForce MX440, Athlon XP 2000+, MSI KT333 Ultra, onboard audio, 512 MB, 2 x Technotrend T1500 DVB-T, LiteOn DVD±RW 16x DW1650-488C, Seagate 250 GB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:38 pm 
I tried using 'xine' with channels.conf and it streams the channels correctly. Except that xine is extremely slow (cpu hog) and the colour is messed up, but this seems to be a problem with xine itself because if I just open the program without opening any file or stream it stalls the mouse movement.

I have yet to try kaffein but I will. Ultimately I may just use vlc. I wanted to use mythtv to stream the feeds to another computer, I guess vlc can do that which will probably work if I compile it with dvb support. Is it easy in vlc do you know?

By the way I use the built-in antenenna by the window..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:58 am 
So the device installation went ok. Then it's propably about the multiplexes. Note that if you replaced the closest frequencies, it might have gone wrong. Take only one real multiplex frequency at a time, and set it to all transports. That way at least one multiplex should work. then take the next frequency and so on...

If Xine shows a picture, then the signal should be strong enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:20 am 
Here's another thing - All the encrypted channels don't work. The free to air ones display but the encrypted ones do not -

tzap can lock on them correctly, I also have the smartcard inserted inside the device.. not sure what might be the problem?

Is it not supported under linux?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:36 am 
If I recall correctly, v4l drivers don't support the card interface yet.