View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: R5.5 ISO vs VOB Playback
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:30 pm 
I've recently upgraded to R5.5 from the previous version. Everything went well except with with the playback of .iso files. When playing back .iso they are pixelated and choppy, but when I play back .vob files everything works smoothly. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jason

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:53 pm 
wildenj wrote:
I've recently upgraded to R5.5 from the previous version. Everything went well except with with the playback of .iso files. When playing back .iso they are pixelated and choppy, but when I play back .vob files everything works smoothly. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jason

Other than "don't use .iso"? ;-)

What is it set to use for isos? Try changing the player for it to mplayer. Something like "mplayer -vo xv -fs -zoom --dvd-device=%s dvd://" from memory.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:39 am 
I imagine he's talking about ripped dvd's. I've got the same problem. I haven't had time to look into this, but what i am seeing I can watch tv, watch recordings I've made, play dvd's from the dvd drive (pineapple is installed) however a rip of the same dvd is pixelated and unwatchable. I saw this on my initial upgrade until I reinstalled pineapple. Then when I did a fresh install I am seeing it still after reinstalling pineapple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:21 am 
Yep, it sure looks like a pineapple problem. I have it too. I've always favored ISOs for my DVD changer. (And I own every single DVD in my changer, too.)

Crap. I'll look around the myth mailing lists to see how widespread this issue is. We will have to find another venue to discuss this problem. It can't be on a US-based forum, obviously.