View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:59 am 
nharris wrote:
I would not recommend HD-PVR with Myth in a production setting yet. The WAF would be low

I read the list of limitations -- they don't seem like significant problems. Why do you feel that the WAF would be low? Is the observation more about R6 vs. R5.5? Thanks!

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:00 pm 
marc.aronson wrote:
I read the list of limitations -- they don't seem like significant problems. Why do you feel that the WAF would be low? Is the observation more about R6 vs. R5.5? Thanks!
Myth trunk is not stable and things are broken. What is unstable and broken changes from build to build. Sometimes I build and it's so broken I have to go back to the last build I made and wait a while for the issues to get sorted out. I think this gives it a low WAF. Unless your wife is a Linux hacker... then you can have her fix it, submit a patch and rebuild. You can sit back and ask "Honey is the TV fixed yet?".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:59 pm 
nharris wrote:
marc.aronson wrote:
Myth trunk is not stable and things are broken. What is unstable and broken changes from build to build. Sometimes I build and it's so broken I have to go back to the last build I made and wait a while for the issues to get sorted out. I think this gives it a low WAF. Unless your wife is a Linux hacker... then you can have her fix it, submit a patch and rebuild. You can sit back and ask "Honey is the TV fixed yet?".

Thanks for that information -- is this also true for the pre-built version you've made available?

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:05 am 
marc.aronson wrote:
Thanks for that information -- is this also true for the pre-built version you've made available?

This is true for any build of trunk... including mine. I'm not trying to scare you away from trying it out, I just want to make sure you understand what you are getting into. In fact, I hope you give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

Even better, try out R6 with my new HD-PVR packages. I'm going to stop posting R5.5 packages pretty soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 am 
I have posted new packages. Build date is 2 March 2009.

These are in sync with the current R6 mythtv-svn packages (as of the date of this post). If you are running my packages, please consider switching to R6 very soon. I will not be compiling for R5.5 once I switch my backend over.

Future work will be documented in the R6 HOWTO post:
http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19656

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:46 pm 
I have posted new packages. Build date is 18 May 2009. They are built with the latest Qt. So, make sure you do the following before installing:

Code:
su -
apt-get update
apt-get install libqt4-core libqt4-dbg libqt4-gui libqt4-qt3support libqt4-sql qt4-qtconfig qt4-doc qt4-designer qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev libqt4-opengl-dev libqt4-opengl libqt4-sql-mysql mercurial.

These packages are in sync with the latest in R6 (as of the date of this post). I have still not moved my backend over to R6 (soon!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:16 am 
I have posted new packages. Build date is 16 June 2009, SVN revision 20713.

I have also updated the instructions (ie-first post).

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4