View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:05 pm 
Martian wrote:
The only real annoying issue I've found so far is if you stop a movie or a show and then want to resume from where you left off.

If I understand this thing correctly, they're streaming and converting on-the-fly to a format that the myth player can handle.
An enhancement would be to save that buffer somewhere, and keep streaming into the buffer when you pause/stop the playback. Then when you resume or re-watch, you're operating on a local file and Hulu isn't involved. Of course, that way you end up having your own local copy, and that may be crossing the legal line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:10 pm 
There is some "HD" content on hulu that is very nice. Check out the 40 Rock episodes, maybe the Office or SNLs. Granted, it still transcodes down some, but still pretty nice.

Anyone have tips on getting Vodka on a SFE? Any sharing of databases?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:20 pm 
I have been unable to get mine working thus far. I had it download the database yesterday afternoon. Next I tried to load it up for the first time.
It was still sitting at 40% after an hour and a half but yet I couldn't find that it was doing anything.
I may have borked the install. I'll get back to that.

Also I noticed the update to the Grabber and I installed that. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to work on that with the other things I was working on.

I too had been thinking ahead that if I got this working, it might be better if it was installed in 1 location say my MBE - so far everything has been on one of my SBE/FE boxes.
Anyway the thought was it would be better running from my MBE as the "database" and then the others could grab that copy.
I guess the challenge I see up front it places the .xml in /var/tmp which is not exported per se. We would most likely need to redo the scripts that the .xml database was stored in say a /myth/mythvodka like directory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:52 pm 
bigbro wrote:
It was still sitting at 40% after an hour and a half but yet I couldn't find that it was doing anything.

Try disabling the other grabber, in the setup screen. I think it's trying to download BBC, Revision3, etc.. Once that's gone, it'll pop up instantly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:58 pm 
anyone else having problems with hulu Pilots? Seems the feed is screwie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:36 pm 
Got this working.

I did disable that External Grabber.

Works fairly well on my old hardware.
Getting this running has saved my Bacon on that other posted problem I have in the forum. Now she has some of her shows back.

When you first enter Mythvodka it does take a few minutes, but then after that it is really fast.

Too Many Secrets > I don't see something called Hulu Pilots. I have Revision 3, BBC, Hulu Movies and Hulu.

I have noticed there is something a little wonky with the grabber or the database. IN some of the listings for shows, you will have items that are not a part of that series.

Anyway, just wanted to report back it all is working. Thanks to the community and all their hard work on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:47 pm 
Too Many Secrets wrote:
anyone else having problems with hulu Pilots? Seems the feed is screwie.

Yep - all pilot episodes point to the same one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:50 pm 
bigbro wrote:
Too Many Secrets > I don't see something called Hulu Pilots. I have Revision 3, BBC, Hulu Movies and Hulu.

Try to view the pilot episode of HowieDoIt. (Howie Mandell's new hidden camera show). It's the only episode listed for that show. It'll bring up something else instead.
Also, SNL is broken. All episodes point to The Family Guy instead.

So... a little bit broken, but pretty cool.
I caught an episode of Terminator/Sarah Connor Chronicles that I'd missed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:21 pm 
Also all the Daily shows point to Colbert report. All Tonight shows, point to colbert too. minor bugaboo though... I'm really thinking about getting rid of cable all-together. If I could just get FoxSports & TNT somewhere. Maybe justin.tv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:01 pm 
Yea I see what you mean.

There are 3 complete episodes listed in the Hulu interface for Howie Do It.

The XML file shows all three episodes, however the interface through MythVodka is only listing one of them.

For Saturday Night Live, the XML file lists the Family guy episodes in the XML.

So maybe it is a grabber problem???
Just a thought.

Otherwise it is pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:37 pm 
This is absolutely amazing, and thanks to everyone -- those who posted questions, and expecially those who answered them. I know next to nothing about Linux and I manged to get this working on a relatively ancient machine (Duron 3100, nVidia 6200). I'd encourage everyone to give it a go.

I cancelled my cable TV service before I knew about this, and it's nice to see that I won't need to resort to torrents for BSG, Burn Notice, Psych...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:29 pm 
I love this plugin,and have been watching some TV shows this afternoon. But this evening I watched Eddie Murphy Raw which is under Hulu Movies and after 60 minutes it quits playing the video. I was monitoring the temp file that is created in /var/tmp and it stop downloading after it hit the 322mb mark. Has anyone else seen this with other Hulu movies and know of a work around? It is possible it could be with this one video, I hope to try another movie tomorrow night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:18 am 
shadow12083 wrote:
I love this plugin,and have been watching some TV shows this afternoon. But this evening I watched Eddie Murphy Raw which is under Hulu Movies and after 60 minutes it quits playing the video. I was monitoring the temp file that is created in /var/tmp and it stop downloading after it hit the 322mb mark. Has anyone else seen this with other Hulu movies and know of a work around? It is possible it could be with this one video, I hope to try another movie tomorrow night.

I've seen this too, but have nothing further to add... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:30 am 
Site Admin
I'd say watch the movie on the browser and see it it performs the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:23 pm 
Following the instructions from thisthread, I've been able to work around the missing episode problem.

Search the /usr/local/bin/gethulu.pl script for the 2nd occurrence of

Code:
print MYTHMENU "<Name>$eptitle</Name>\n";

and change to

Code:
print MYTHMENU "<Name>$title-$eptitle</Name>\n";

The next time you update the hulu listings it will take a bit longer to run and update the database but it will have fixed the missing episodes.

Now does anyone have a way to update the database via cron? That way when you open MythVodka the first time in a day it doesn't take 20 minutes? (at least I think it's the database update that is taking the time...)

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next