View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: KnoppMyth-run / xawtv
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:04 am 
Hi,
I got a problem with my PVR250, being reset to input 0 (composite) every time X and fvwm comming up and starting mythtv. Now, after some diagnostics I found the KnoppMyth-run script ist starting xawtv (CMD1='export DISPLAY=:0.0 ; (xawtv -geo 32x24 &) >& /dev/null ;') and this is, why my input is beeing reset. Why is this command executed?
What's it needed for?
Now I took a look in my .xawtv file and checked the settings.

Code:
[global]
ratio = 4:3
freqtab = europe-west
pixsize = 128 x 96
pixcols = 1
jpeg-quality = 75
keypad-ntsc = no
keypad-partial = yes
osd = yes
osd-position = 30 , 20
use-wm-fullscreen = yes

[defaults]
group = main
norm = pal
input = television
capture = over
color = 49%
contrast = 42%

What about the line "input = television" ? I tried "input = Tuner0" => not better.

Any sugestions?

Another problem is the sound issue. It's a known problem. Channel switching kills the sound. A test_ioctl -v input=7,output=1 restores it.
Anyone out there who got the right values for "options msp3400 simple=1 standard=0x03" in the module configuration? I'm from germany => PAL PVR250.

Thanx for help.

Greetings
Floek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:34 pm 
Site Admin
Why does KnoppMyth start xawtv for a coupla' seconds?

I'll tell you why. There are some tuner cards that won't accept
the contrast/brightness, etc commands unless they have first
been initialized with xawtv. I have such a card, myself. And
that is why its there, for those who need it. Does it cause a
problem? If so, please let us know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:05 am 
Hi,
thanx for reply.
Yes it does cause a problem. :?
I was wondering why the input of my PVR250 was allways reset to Composite0 after every X restart. I read another thread, where the user wondered, why his card was alway reset to ntsc (he lives in a pal country).

I think it would be enough to document this issue somewhere. I'm now not using the KnoppMyth-run script anymore and now it's working. Or you say somewhere that you need a well configured .xawtv file. By the way, what's the right value for input = television in .xawtv for a PVR250 ?

My other problem with the sound is now solved, too. Don't know why, but maybe it had something to do with the above solution.

There is now another problem.
When I recorded a tv show I got the message
"dma buffer dequeue failed! got 1 want 1"'
very, and I mean VERY, often in my syslog. My PVR isn't usable anymore. Reboot needed. It happens not in live TV mode, why? Any ideas? I'm using cvs ivtv drivers. Maybe I'll have to wait until new drivers come out, but why not in live tv mode?

Greetings Floek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:30 pm 
Starting xawtv also caused me problems with my PVR-250. It muted the audio so any captures wouldn't have audio. Removing CMD1 and editing CMD2 to just start mythfrontend in KnoppMyth-run solved my problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:47 pm 
Site Admin
mecraw wrote:
Starting xawtv also caused me problems with my PVR-250. It muted the audio so any captures wouldn't have audio. Removing CMD1 and editing CMD2 to just start mythfrontend in KnoppMyth-run solved my problems.

Thanks, mecraw. I'll look into that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:02 am 
I tried commenting out the xawtv command and running some test_ioctl commands and this fixed the audio, but then I started getting problems with yellow/blue vertical lines in video across the entire screen (with a PVR250). With xawtv I had trouble getting both the test_ioctl commands and mythfrontend running in the script, but I finally came up with this change to allow both the test_ioctl commands and mythfrontend to run correctly:

CMD1='export DISPLAY=:0.0 ; (xawtv -geo 32x24 &) >& /dev/null ;'
CMD2='sleep 2 ; killall xawtv ; sleep 1 ; (test_ioctl -y mute=0 & test_ioctl -y volume=60000 &) >& /dev/null ; exec mythfrontend ;'

I only had the muted sound problem and not the wrong video input problem but I guess defaults work for me there. I'm also having trouble getting transcoding to work (I had a file actually grow 10x by trying to use it) and the frontend randomly stops running (doesn't segfault or anything that I can tell, the screen just freezes and it looks like it's still running when I check via top and an ssh connection). Executing a killall mythfrontend and running it again seems to "fix" the problem, but annoying nonetheless.

Post subject: Tuner 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:39 pm 
Got the same error, "television" not a legal option for source, or something like that. But the error message also gives the legal options, and the one you want is:

input = Tuner 0

Note the space between "Tuner" and "0".

That got me video!