View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:10 pm 
I've got basically a fresh install of 6.03, and I copied my videos over, they show and play, but I can't generate thumbnails.

At first it would buzz through generating thumbnails in a matter of seconds, but nothing was actually generated. (I've got several hundred videos, so I knew something was wrong)

I then found the following code in another post:

Code:
sed -i "s/No Cover//g" /usr/LH/bin/shootscreens.sh

I ran that, and now if I go and try to generate thumbnails through the gui, it hangs with no progress.

I am ssh'd into the machine now, and if I run the /usr/LH/bin/shootscreens.sh I get the error: "No image could be captured from Filename.avi for every file in the video directory.

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:57 pm 
I have never been able to figure out why I can't generate any thumbnails. I have tried many times and was searching for some options when I found your plea for help. I too need some help with this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:34 am 
Are you trying to get your own thumbnails or download cover art.

I have never got coverart to work in batch mode but I can get it updated one by one.
Pick a video. Make sure the metadata is correct and then with that video highlighted hit "W". This should download the cover art etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 pm 
I'm trying to do the "generate thumbnails" button. I would assume that someone has it working since it's in the distro.

Post subject: Thumbnails no more
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:40 pm 
I have been able to generate thumbnails for a ages. Sometimes I had to run the command above, but thumbnails always appeared.

No more. Nothing I do will generate them. Methinks something has changed in R6 so that the thumbnail generator is kaput.

Post subject: @mtotsch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:35 pm 
Hi ... long time you have written that ...

I wonder a long time ago why the scriopt does noch generate thumbs ... now I recognised that the coverfile field does NOT include anything if there is no cover / thumbs ... the code you write is that script now searches for that "no cover" entry in coverfile ... resulting in nothing to do ...

I remove that no cover leaving the \" signs at beginning and ending for searching an empty string ... NOW working great again :-)

EDIT: it only works, but thumbs are not displayed in mythweb

* ATI x300PCIe
* HD 200 GB SATA / DVD DL(RW)
- DVB-C / Hauppage PVR-500 (2x analog)
- ATI RemoteWonder, CHERRY /wl keyboard/mouse

Last edited by Martin1802 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: No covers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 pm 
Martin1802 wrote:
I remove that no cover leaving the " signs at beginning and ending for searching an empty string ... NOW working great again :-)

Martin, thanks for your message. Could you please post the correct command?

Is it
Code:
sed -i "s/g" /usr/LH/bin/shootscreens.sh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:14 pm 
Edit line 30 and 32 of the file and change the SQL statements to match empty an string rather than "No Cover". I can see a lot of other things in there that could stand a haircut and a shave, but that fix should get you running.

Post subject: Going undercover
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:42 am 
tjc wrote:
Edit line 30 and 32 of the file and change the SQL statements to match empty an string rather than "No Cover". I can see a lot of other things in there that could stand a haircut and a shave, but that fix should get you running.

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at the script. Unfortunately, I still can't work out exactly what is required. I would be very grateful if you could either change Cecil's command (as required) or set out the changes needed to the .sh.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:08 pm 
Edit /usr/LH/bin/shootscreens.sh make lines 30-32 look like this:
Code:
    vidcount=$(mysql -u root mythconverg -sBe "select count(*) from videometadata where coverfile=''")
    increment=$(expr 100 / $vidcount)
    for vid in $(mysql -u root mythconverg -sBe "select filename from videometadata where coverfile=''")

Note that I've replaced `` (back quote expansion) with the more readable Posix form $(), made mysql generate the desired lines directly and eliminated the sed and grep post processing, and replaced the \"\" (escaped double quotes) quoting with the cleaner and more standard SQL '' (single quotes).

This will fix the out script so that it tries to process all your videos which don't already have thumbnails, but there seems to be another issue with /usr/LH/bin/screenshooter.sh which I'm looking into now.

Aha... Looks like that script is expecting a full pathname in the DB and it only has a filename. That should be easy enough to fix...

Hmm... With that problem fixed /usr/LH/bin/screenshooter.sh doesn't seem to be updating the DB. WTH...

Ah... It's trying to look the entries in the DB table by the full pathname rather than just the filename. It also looks like it should be looking for either '' or 'No Cover'. Sweet mother of vinegar... :-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:46 pm 
I've got a working version of the two scripts now, but separating out a trivial patch is another matter. They still don't support storage groups (which I had to turn off because it doesn't play well with external players) and I suspect that there are a few other issues... When they get cleaned up to my satisfaction I'll post them here for folks to test.

Post subject: Cover me
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 pm 
tjc wrote:
I've got a working version of the two scripts now, but separating out a trivial patch is another matter. They still don't support storage groups (which I had to turn off because it doesn't play well with external players) and I suspect that there are a few other issues... When they get cleaned up to my satisfaction I'll post them here for folks to test.

Many thanks for your efforts tjc. It is some relief to know that it wasn't just my blundering that prevented the thumbnails from being generated. I look forward to your results. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 pm 
Thank you TJC your hard work is appreciated. (BTW you are talking on a much higher level than I can bearly understand! =-)

Post subject: Thumbnail drama
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:43 pm 
tjc wrote:

tjc, did you manage to solve the problem of no thumbnails?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:34 am 
Locally, but not to publishable state, and then my usual "10 pounds in a 5 pound sack" schedule kicked back in. :-(