View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm 
Hi!

I sure did try that. RMVB totally makes the player hang for me. Is it working for anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:04 pm 
Can't help ya man... that is the extent of what I know about that format. Have you tried digging into the web via a google search on the topic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:15 am 
Great guide graysky. I updated my mplayer from R5D1 just copy/paste your guide into a putty window and it worked the first time though. Guess that is why your post has over 10,000 views. THANK YOU!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:30 pm 
Glad to liked it, dude. Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:38 pm 
Oh dear, i seem to have made a boo boo as mplayer appears to now have been installed in two places due me accidentally missing out the --prefix=/usr part of the installation procedure then going back and doing it again with the missing line inserted. Am i stuffed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:09 pm 
I think if you still have the source dir you used, you can do a
Code:
# make clean
to remove it... I haven't done this is a long time though. Maybe someone else who knows for sure can help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:54 pm 
Ok so i think i have MPlayer working in the desktop environment - in Konqueror right clicking on a file and choosing open with and then finding 'mplayer' does the job no problems at all, video playback is pretty darn smooth. So i know that MPlayer works - which is good!

However when i go into mythtv and try to play a movie it just flashes loading briefly and thats it. Not really sure whats going on here. MPlayer is installed in "/home/root/MPlayer-1.0rc1" and in mythtv the default player option in "Player Settings" has been set to "/home/root/MPlayer-1.0rc1/mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s". Can someone please tell me what is going on here and why it isnt playing through the mythtv frontend. Id be very grateful for some pointers.

Many thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:23 am 
@rmflook: you fix your problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:24 am 
@mediathreat: you ever get that realplayer format (rmvb) to work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:47 am 
Graysky,

I kind of sorted my problem. Getting rid of some of the arguments after the command 'mplayer' in mythtv allows the video to play, which is good. However i have noticed that the video isnt as smooth as i first thought, just smoother than how it looks when using xine.

Firstly i have an avi file which doesnt appear to need me to install any codecs as it works without updating my system as per your instructions. But being as it is a little choppy as just mentioned i tried your instructions again and during the 'make' part of the installation of the new mplayer there are a lot of error messages on the screen, forgive me but they go so fast that i dont know what they say (theres definately repeated messages about AVImage or AVInfo, something along those lines). Anyways after updating my system with the new codecs et al my videos refuse to play properly - mplayer will load but i can only skip to various points of the video not play it and the sound is all screwed up, it kind of just repeats the frames soundtrack over and over like a stuch record.

Now i am using onboard graphics which is based around a VIA chipset from what i can gather, but my processor is fairly fast - so why might the video not be seemless and why might the mplayer updating proceedure as per your instructions go a tad wonky at the 'make' stage? Do i need to update mplayer to make use of all the new codecs that i download or is there another way?

Cheers for the help so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:26 pm 
Sorry man, beyond what I put in the howto, I don't know a whole lot about this. My understanding is that if the codecs are not present in their respective dir *at the time you make the app* it will not play those formats.

I dunno what's up with your make giving errors. Did you add extra arguments to any step in the process and if so, have you tried it the way I wrote it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:41 pm 
Hey, the thread is famous! I noticed tjc references it in his latest hints and tricks docs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:54 pm 
:lol: I referenced it in the R5E50 hints thread too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:54 pm 
Has anyone used these instructions on R5F1. I did but after I did and added lines to my mplayer config file I still am not getting sound from my DTS movies. I did have to change them alittle bit I was getting an error so I found out that I had to get the svn version of mplayer and then was able to recompile ok but still no sound.

Long live Myth and Knoppmyth!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:53 pm 
Site Admin
sinspot1 wrote:
Has anyone used these instructions on R5F1.
In terms of recompiling, there should be no reason to do so... All one needs are codecs.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next