View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:32 am 
Finger, I've got an 890 on its way. My mythbox is in a cabinet along with Sat receiver and DVD and figured I could use it to go through the walls successfully without having to wire up a remote extender. It'll be replacing the Hauppage remote on the Myth, would you mind posting your modifications to the Harmony?

arri

500gb SATA
1x Plextor PX-M402U
1x HD5000
R5.5 Upgrade from F27

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:40 am 
I have an 880 that died (its battery cooked) due to a bad connection when sat in the cradle. (Think charge for 5 minutes, discharge for a few seconds, charge again, et c)

Apart from that, its pretty good. Annoying sometimes (e.g. there is a bug that key presses are not send when the LCD screen is dimming), but the layout and button feel is good.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:23 am 
Hi all,

I have a slightly different arrangement than discussed here. I have an infra-red keyboard/mouse that I use with R5F27, but my wife hates that and would like to use the Harmony 520 remote instead.

However, I am at a loss for what to tell the Harmony that I have, or what to tell Myth to use for a remote. Should I just buy a Streamzap remote to make this easier?

Thanks,
Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:13 am 
You have 2 options..

1. You can LEARN the codes from the infrared keyboard to the Harmony in your own custom config. Ive done this. It takes some time but works ok, not great, but ok.

2. You can buy a Serial Infrared Receiver for about 20 bucks and use the Hauppage/knoppmyth codes like my setup in LIRC.

Me?

I have a serial receiver and use the knoppmyth codes from logitech harmony. Works great.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:22 pm 
wirchrick wrote:
I have an infra-red keyboard/mouse that I use with R5F27, but my wife hates that and would like to use the Harmony 520 remote instead.

Same boat, different paddle here....
I have both the IR keyboard AND a streamzap. I told my Harmony 880 that I have a Streamzap, and it immediately knew what to do. Then I taught it some extra codes from the keyboard. It CAN learn from the keyboard, but seems to have trouble with things that need shift, ctrl, or alt. I don't think I could get satisfacory results from just learning the keyboard.

So, for the path of least resistance, I recommend buying a streamzap. They're cheap. http://mythic.tv

Go to page Previous  1, 2