5 year MFG Warranty

Highlights
Adaptive Fly Height offers consistent read/write performance
Clean Sweep automatically calibrates drive each time the drive is powered up
SoftSonic motor enables ultra-quiet operation
Enhanced G-Force Protection defends against handling damage
Perpendicular Recording increases data density while decreasing moving parts

Overview
The Seagate Barracuda® 7200.11 SATA NCQ Internal Hard Drive boasts a high storage capacity of 1 TB, enabling users to store large amounts of data. Featuring a Serial ATA NCQ interface, this internal hard drive delivers data transfer rates up to 3 Gbps. It also offers a rotational speed of up to 7200 RPM and up to 32 MB cache for fast disk access. In addition, the incorporated 3D Defense System™ provides comprehensive protection against handling damage and data loss. It even features SoftSonic™ motor enabling ultra-quiet Operation. Ruggedly designed for reliable performance, the Barracuda® 7200.11 hard drive is an ideal choice for mainstream and high-performance PCs/workstations, PC gaming systems and media PCs.

Manufacturer Part# : ST31000340AS
Dell Part# : A1463976

Just ordered 2 of these guys for a RAID 1 config

Last edited by spalVl on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:21 pm 
Wow... That's some serious temptation...

Just wanted to add that the offer expires on Thursday, August 21, 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:52 pm 
Outstanding Deal thanks for pointing it out.... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:20 pm 
Seems to be a limit of 5 for this deal...

If I select 5, the sub-total is $549.95 and the discount is shown as $350

If I select 6, the subtotal is $729.94 and the discount is still $350.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:18 am 
Seems like the deal is dead or temporarily offline.

Our apologies...

The product you have selected is not currently available for online purchase in the segment you have selected.

Post subject: Dell SUX
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:05 pm 
Quote:
Thank you for your order for a Seagate 1 TB SATA NCQ Barracuda 7200.11 Internal Hard Drive. We regret that, because of a pricing error, we have cancelled this order.

DELL SUX!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:50 pm 
I got the same message:

Quote:
Thank you for your order for a Seagate 1 TB SATA NCQ Barracuda 7200.11 Internal Hard Drive. We regret that, because of a pricing error, we have cancelled this order.

As you may have noticed, Dell specifically indicates on our web pages, catalogs, advertising and order-confirmation that Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We truly value our relationship and reputation with our customers. Please be assured that we are working hard to avoid similar issues.

We invite you to visit www.dell.com or call 1-800-WWW-DELL, if you wish to place an order for this product at its correct price.

I was considering buying one of their open-source laptops with Ubuntu pre-installed, but now I won't be. I'll go with another company should I decide to buy one.

I'd understand if Dell was a small mom & pop, but I think a huge profitable company like Dell not honoring their published price is bush league. :twisted:

FWIW, I know more than a handful of people who like to complain about Fry's, but I've caught Frys.com on a pricing error in the past and they honored it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:56 pm 
mihanson wrote:
FWIW, I know more than a handful of people who like to complain about Fry's, but I've caught Frys.com on a pricing error in the past and they honored it.

I've been hit by Fry's with the "secret sale" a number of times... such as .. posted price on an item in the store at $159 .. it rings up at the register at $110 (or whatever) .. but I don't complain .. I just take the money an run! :D (but there is not much business logic to it!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:27 pm 
I think "Deceit" is a bit of a stretch as accusations go. "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity" - or however it goes.

The move makes perfect sense using the typical bottom-line myopia common in business today. It's not just what improves the bottom-line, but what improves the bottom-line on the next statement only.

Honoring the deal might have won them some lifelong loyal customers, and helped them years in the future. Backing out of the deal may have lost them some future sales, but protects them TODAY.

Maybe the better option for them instead of killing all orders, would be to publish "If we screw-up we'll honor the first 100 orders that catch us" it may not be a win-win scenario; but it's not a lose-lose like the current plan. In all likelihood it would get people trolling the site looking for mistakes. They could be confident that the extera traffic would get people ordering whenever there's a good price. Hell, they could probably even get a policy underwritten to cover any loses from the real mistakes too.