View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:44 am 
"Norton Antivirus 2005 does not support the repair feature, please uninstall and re-install"

I had this problem when I installed Norton 2005 on my Winxp Box, and it took me forever to figure out so i thought I would post it in case anyone else had this problem.

1. The reason this error message is generated, is because you have most likely moved Norton Antivirus Folder from its original place in the start menu. If you move it back to Start-->Program Files this should resolve the problem.

2. Your second option is to go into the Options Menu in Norton and under the Miscellaneous tab you can uncheck 'Enable Office Plugin'

Both of these should resovle the problem. Not Sure why but Norton and Office didnt seem to like each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:24 pm 
i have had various Norton problems in the past. Sometimes it wont uninstall either. IF that happens do a google search for "nonav" it stands for NO Norton Antivirus. It is made by symantec to remove all files and registry settings for ALL/most norton products.. its been a life-saver! =)