View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:22 pm 
You guys are are clearly bleeding edge...anyone w/ a linix PVR at home is beyond average in the technology area.

I'm looking into getting a PDA for my wife as a gift. She is firmly based in MS Office/Outlook does this lean her toward CE verses Palm?

anyone out there using a PDA for contacts/schedule/email/Sync with windows (xp here),

good/bad experiences appreciated.

PLEASE DONT ASK ME TO SEARCH THE FORUM :lol:

thanx

Post subject: PDA experience
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:20 am 
I had a Handspring Visor Deluxe. I really liked it and it was good for basic operations. I currently own a Motorola MPX200 phone that runs windows mobile 2002. It is really good for managing contacts, syncing with outlook (comes with free outlook software and usb cable - which lets you charge your phone from a PC and also syncing) and play games. But no memo or tasks though.

This replaced my Handspring PDA and I hardly miss it. You can't write on the screen directly. For that you have to wait for Motorola MPX phone.

Since your wife is a MS user, she will really like anything based on Windows CE. Even though I used the PALM for more than 2 years, it was really easy to switch to Windows Mobile. (I would not do the same for my PVR :lol: )

Thus said you can try these links,

http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/iPAQ_6315.htm

or

http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/Dell_axim_X30.htm

Hope you can find a PDA that is good for you.

SIVA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:31 pm 
thanx for the links!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:27 am 
After many years using a HP WinCE PDA, I had to retire that now. It got too old and slow. Also the support for the SH CPU is getting less and less. After a lot of talking to others and reading comments, I ordered a Ipaq2210 this week.
Supports SD-cards and CF and has BT built in. There is a model that also has WiFi in it as well (4410???).

Johannes