View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:05 pm 
Hi all:

Well, I didn't know where else to post this. Cesman-please kick this into another forum if you see fit.

This is a very interesting sort of critique of both aspects of hardware and software of 2 off-the-shelf commercial PVRs commonly-available to Canadian cable and satellite subscribers. Since the "report" discusses subjective user experiences of aspects of both hardware and software, this was the best place I could find to post.

http://pvr.teehanlax.com/

The reviewers take you step-by-step through many of the screens and the remote controls of the 2 units-a Rogers (Scientific Atlanta 8000) and a Bell ExpressVu (Dish Network 6900).

Yes, it's a marketing thing-they're selling some marketing-related service or what have you.

No, I am not associated with the company or its members in any way. No, I'm not connected financially in any way, so please don't flame.

I'm building my own MythTV box currently but still found some of the suggestions interesting, particularly for those of us using software like MyHTPC, or MythTV which allow for some degree of customization.

IMHO, there were some good lessons to be learned here.

Shplad