View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:28 pm 
I'm no longer getting a valid feed from

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/rss.php

for this site. Is this still the correct URL? If not, what is? If it is, will it be restored?

I get gibberish:
Quote:
Warning: main() [function.main]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 0 is not allowed to access ./extension.inc owned by uid 501 in /var/www/html/phpBB2/rss.php on line 69

Warning: main(./extension.inc) [function.main]: failed to create stream: Inappropriate ioctl for device in /var/www/html/phpBB2/rss.php on line 69

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening './extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/phpBB2/rss.php on line 69

Warning: main() [function.main]: Unable to access ./common. in /var/www/html/phpBB2/rss.php on line 70

Warning: main(./common.) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/phpBB2/rss.php on line 70

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening './common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/phpBB2/rss.php on line 70

Warning: main() [function.main]: Unable to access ./includes/bbcode. in /var/www/html/phpBB2/rss.php on line 71

Warning: main(./includes/bbcode.) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/phpBB2/rss.php on line 71

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening './includes/bbcode.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/phpBB2/rss.php on line 71

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /var/www/html/phpBB2/rss.php on line 79

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:43 pm 
well cesman will have to provide an official answer, but my guess would be that the rss functionality was not restored when the forum was.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:21 pm 
Fixed.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:42 am 
RSS no workie. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:21 pm 
Hi,
I mentioned that a few days ago somewhere else on the forum as I thought it was KnoppMyth related. Anyway, anything selected in knoppmyth fails to retrieve. Also there are two (2) .. forums linux general that you can play back and forth with the check box. Just try to select them both.

Last time I saw information there had last years date on it. Sorry to bear sad news.
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:16 pm 
well not sure about in knoppmyth, but I can verify that the RSS feed for this forum is no longer working. Last time I checked in knoppmyth and I am running R5A16 the latest version the news feeds were working fine.

Xsecrets

Post subject: Confused a little...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:03 pm 
Hi Xsecrets,

I'm not sure what you are telling me, one place you say it is not working, and then later you tell us it is working in R5A16. It don't work in any of my installs of R5A16? Fark always brightens the day, however, to get the news from mysettopbox.tv forums linux general reports 'failed to retrieve news' Also there are two (2) general selections and none of the other choices work for me. Any hints as to what may be incorrectly setup?

Thanks
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:24 am 
What I am saying is that I haven't looked at the news feed section on my knoppmyth install in months (just not something I use), but when I did my initial install of R5A16 I did test it and it was working.

The other thing I am saying is that I have tried the RSS feed for this forum in my mail program and firefox recently and it does not work in any RSS reader, so the feed from the forum is indeed broken.

Xsecrets

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:20 am 
Hi Xsecrets,
Appreciate the clarification. I would hope that someone figures out how we can fix it as it is embarassing to not be able to read the lates headlines from the forum that it is a part of. Any hints of where to look?

Thanks and have a good day,
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:04 pm 
Sorry folks. I did a phpBB update w/o adding RSS back. It has been fixed now.

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:47 pm 
Hi cesman,

Thanks for the prompt attention to the RSS as if anything was going to be broke, that wasn't the place :wink: Sadly, I can't check it out for a week as had to go to Birmigham for business.

Sort of a different thread, but related because of the RSS. An article in LJ mag, http://www.linuxjournal.com/issue/137 & http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8402 has an interesting topic on internet radio. The author uses RSS to notify him that his favorite radio has been captured, labled, and stored. Looks like a promising feature for KnoppMyth :idea: :?:

Thanks again and have a good day
Mke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:18 pm 
Anything goes in off topic (within reason...), but I don't see how the two are related. I don't see how "Internet Radio to Podcast with Shell Tools" would be of interest for future inclusion in KnoppMyth. One can simply look at the last two words in that title to see why...

Post subject: May be a potential?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:49 pm 
Hi cesman,

I guess it may be a bit of a reach however I thought you might at least like to be aware of the timed recording of a web stream of ones favorite show. That it could be captured as mp3, labeled, dated, genre assigned, and stored for later playback, a little like myth music does? It also makes it available as an rss feed.

He uses tools like mplayer, bash, perl, XML::RSS, XML::Simple, oggenc and sticks it all together. I think most of these tools are already on knoppmyth?

I will let you know what I find if interested? A few years back, I would have tried to use something like this to capture Paul Harvey news, he knew how to tell a story:)

Thanks
Mike