All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:41 pm 
mau108 wrote:
Guys may need to update your tips ;)

Done. Thinko when I was editing that section. The one below it for the legacy driver is right along with the ones on the NVidiaDriversR5F27 wiki page.

You may also need to disable the /etc/init.d/install-nvidia-debian init script. I've posted instructions for doing that elsewhere and a quick search should turn them up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:33 pm 
tjc wrote:
mau108 wrote:
Guys may need to update your tips ;)

Done. Thinko when I was editing that section. The one below it for the legacy driver is right along with the ones on the NVidiaDriversR5F27 wiki page.

You may also need to disable the /etc/init.d/install-nvidia-debian init script. I've posted instructions for doing that elsewhere and a quick search should turn them up.

How do I do that when the screen goes blank after the boot up sequence?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:45 pm 
See the troubleshooting page on the wiki where you will find what to do about "BlackScreenAfterInstall".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:27 am 
tjc wrote:
See the troubleshooting page on the wiki where you will find what to do about "BlackScreenAfterInstall".

You tha man!

Will have to give it a whirl when I get time (which probably wont me till Wednesday).

Was wondering, does the 100.14.19 driver work with Myth? I tried forcing the download of that driver but it kept on saying it couldn't get to nvidia.com, I then checked to see if it got my ethernet card with the ifconfig command and it shows up as loopback, no ethernet card or valid ip detected.

I think the problem i'm having is the 8400gs isn't supported on the 9755 driver so I have to use the latest but problem being I can't download it :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:46 am 
Hi mau108,

Have seen it mentioned that the 100.14.19 etc drivers won't work with the install-nvidia-debian.shscript (due to the numbering change). I'm not sure if this is still current, but have found the nvidia driver direct from nvidia does work... (tlc may have a good reason not to do use it).

To installed it, as root run the following. For it to work pretty sure need to boot without the X windows GUI running:
Code:

cd ~
wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/100.14.19/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run
wget http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nvidia-xconfig/nvidia-xconfig-1.0.tar.gz
gzip -d nvidia-xconfig-1.0.tar.gz
tar -xf nvidia-xconfig-1.0.tar
cd ./nvidia-xconfig-1.0
make && make install
cd ~
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run

The last command will ask a number of questions (including downloading things), you want to say yes to all of them). The very last question will be about updating your xorg config (the GUI config), it does create a backup as part of the process.

Knoppmyth R5F27 on Silverstone LC-16m

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:21 pm 
profnz wrote:
Hi mau108,

Have seen it mentioned that the 100.14.19 etc drivers won't work with the install-nvidia-debian.shscript (due to the numbering change). I'm not sure if this is still current, but have found the nvidia driver direct from nvidia does work... (tlc may have a good reason not to do use it).

To installed it, as root run the following. For it to work pretty sure need to boot without the X windows GUI running:
Code:

cd ~
wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/100.14.19/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run
wget http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nvidia-xconfig/nvidia-xconfig-1.0.tar.gz
gzip -d nvidia-xconfig-1.0.tar.gz
tar -xf nvidia-xconfig-1.0.tar
cd ./nvidia-xconfig-1.0
make && make install
cd ~
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run

The last command will ask a number of questions (including downloading things), you want to say yes to all of them). The very last question will be about updating your xorg config (the GUI config), it does create a backup as part of the process.

Thanks if im back from night school early I'll give it a whirl tonight, if not tommorow.

thanks a bunch bud!

Go to page Previous  1, 2