View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:45 pm 
I signed up with Schedules Direct and ran mythtv-setup to put my user name and password in. I then scanned for channels using listings source and all went well. After that I ran mythfilldatabase and when I restarted the frontend and tried to watch live-tv, I got the "can't connect to master backend server" message. Now, after some tinkering with settings, I don't get that message anymore. Now I get "MythTV is already using all available inputs for the channel you selected. If you would like to watch an in-progress recording then select one from the playback menu. If you would like to watch live-tv then cancel some of the in-progress recordings from the delete menu."

This would be funny if it weren't so sad because I have no recordings sheduled, in-progress or saved anywhere on my mythbox. I had something similar to this happen the first three times I installed (all within 24hrs of each other) and I figured it had something to do with either a dist-upgrade of mythfilldatabase. Now I think it's mythfilldatabase and Schedules Direct. Does anyone at all have any idea how I can fix this without a complete reinstall. It was working perfectly not 2 hours ago. All I wanted was listings, but I can forgo those if if I can just fix this now.

Thanks for any advice.

Edit:

Ok, so now I'm able to watch tv...don't ask me how I did it cause I don't know. I even have channel names under the number, but I still don't have a program lineup and I'm afraid to try mythfilldatabase again, mostly because I'm not sure what fixed it in the first place. Any advice on that issue?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:03 pm 
gnub_daemon wrote:
I signed up with Schedules Direct and ran mythtv-setup to put my user name and password in. I then scanned for channels using listings source and all went well. After that I ran mythfilldatabase and when I restarted the frontend and tried to watch live-tv, I got the "can't connect to master backend server" message. Now, after some tinkering with settings, I don't get that message anymore. Now I get "MythTV is already using all available inputs for the channel you selected. If you would like to watch an in-progress recording then select one from the playback menu. If you would like to watch live-tv then cancel some of the in-progress recordings from the delete menu."
Your problem is most assuredly covered in http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... WatchingTV Your best bet at this point is to remove all of your tuner AND input definitions, double-check your lineup(s) (and if necessary you can remove and redefine those as well), and re-setup your tuner(s) and input(s).