View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:16 pm 
I'd like to use coax for signal-in; from the Comcast STB to the Hauppauge PVR-150, but the PVR-150 still behaves like it's trying to get the signal off the air (even though I've set the "Preset tuner to channel 4").

It otherwise gets a signal fine (when using composite).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:47 pm 
I had a similar problem to that. It turned out that on my box for some reason the "preset tuner to channel" doesn't work. I was able to confirm the problem by connecting the STB to the PVR150 through the co-ax tuner input but doing the setup with no channel change scirpt. This let me change channels on the PVR150. When I did this and tuned to channel 3 I could see the output of my STB.

I googled around and it seems to be a pretty common problem. If this is the same problem you are having then the easiest fix was to add a line to your change channel script to force the PVR150 to channel 3 (or 4). For me the line was
Code:
ivtv-tune -c3 -d/dev/video0

Change the -c3 to -c4 for channel 4 and change the video0 to whatever video card you are using.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:54 pm 
Are you testing this using "live tv" or scheduled recordings? shasmith and I ran into the problem of it not tuning to channel 3 or 4 while watching live tv but did with scheduled recordings.
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16725
I'm thinking that it has to do with changes to MythTV. Like this post http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16227 My R5F1 sent ir signals to the sat box while entering live tv. When I followed cecil's update instructions to change from zap2it to schedules direct, it didn't send ir signals on live tv but still tuned. When upgrading to R5F27 I found that it now sends ir signals on live tv but doesn't tune the card. I'd like to find how to reverse that so it tunes the card but doesn't irblast.
Hope that helps. Warren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:55 pm 
:lol: Looks like someone types faster than I do.