View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:49 pm 
Can anyone help me on how I go about setting this up in R6? I have looked at /etc/ but there are no lirc entries.

I have an Antec micro fusion 350 case that has an inbuilt ir receiver.

I am happy to fiddle once I get started, but at the moment I can't get to first base.

I tried irw in terminal, but no commands were received. I have set up the remote for my tv and mythtv with the logitech software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:04 pm 
I have not done it on R6 as I'm still on the stable R5.5. I have a couple of How-to's for something similar in R5.5 in the How-to part of the forum.

Basically you will need to update lirc and depending what device type you end up with as the IR receiver (determined from lsusb) will tell you which of my how-to's are most appropriate.

There is also a flyspray entry to add this to R6. see: http://linhes.org/flyspray/index.php?do ... &project=2

Note there is a very recent update to lirc which may simplify the installation but I have not yet tried it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:18 pm 
christ wrote:
I have not done it on R6 as I'm still on the stable R5.5. I have a couple of How-to's for something similar in R5.5 in the How-to part of the forum.

Basically you will need to update lirc and depending what device type you end up with as the IR receiver (determined from lsusb) will tell you which of my how-to's are most appropriate.

There is also a flyspray entry to add this to R6. see: http://linhes.org/flyspray/index.php?do ... &project=2

Note there is a very recent update to lirc which may simplify the installation but I have not yet tried it.

Many thanks for the quick reply. I am now on the case. :)