View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:22 am 
theoretically your recordings and the database should be in the /myth folder which is on a seperate partition from the OS. You should be able to wipe the partition with OS installed and re-install there.
Also you could try renameing the Savedfiles file so that the restore doesn't pull from it. All you really need is the MySQL database and the recordings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:40 am 
So I have my /myth partition still intact. If I run an install, will that wipe myth? What about replacing the hard drive with a totally different one, doing a full install then replacing /myth on the new partition with the data from the /myth on the old hdd? Is it a matter of simply copying/pasting or does there need to be some sorta db schema conversion.

I should add that I have a second drive setup via storagegroups that used to be mounted to /myth2. should mounting that later on and adding to the storage group make it compatible with the setup i described above?

Also

Quote:
Also you could try renameing the Savedfiles file

What do you mean by Savedfiles file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:27 pm 
King,

If you do a full install using the mythvantage scripts, it will repartition your installation hard drive -- that's why I was recommending you copy it someplace safe :)

I don't believe that mysql stores the database in the /myth chain, so you still need to manually back that up. The actual recordings, etc, though, are by default in the /myth/tv and /myth/video directories.

B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:29 pm 
Well I'm back to trying to figure this out.

So far I've removed my hard drive and put in a temporary hard drive. This is so I can attempt to do a full install of LinHES rather than an upgrade from R5.5

During the installation, the colors are still washed out in pink. The install completes successfully with no errors.

First up - start ssh so i can remote into the box:

Code:
sv start sshd

I look into it some more and notice that nvidia-96xx drivers are installed.

After consulting: /usr/share/doc/nvidia/supported-cards.txt

I realize that I have the wrong driver installed. So... I attempt to remove the drivers.

First I update the repository:

Code:
pacman -Syu

Next I uninstall the drivers

Code:
pacman -Rd nvidia-96xx nvidia-96xx-utils

After successful uninstall, I install the proper nvidia drivers:

Code:
pacman -Sy nvidia nvidia-utils

Rebooted my machine after a successful install of drivers. Screen is STILL washed out in pink. No problem i suppose...

What i know: upon startup and boot the colors are fine. Only when X starts does the colors go pink. This would lead me back to my earlier hypothesis of some configuration issue within the xorg.conf file.

So...over to xorg.conf documentation.

After some digging, I find some interesting options and try to add it to my Screen section of the config file:

Code:
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
Option "TVStandard" "HD720p"
Option "metamodes" "CRT: 1280x720 +0+0"
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"

Reboot (maybe someone can teach me to restart the frontend X session from an ssh session without having to reboot the box :p).

VOILA! The colors are fixed :D.

So...with this. The next task will be to take what I learned here, and attempt to recover my old db and media. wish me luck!

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3