View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: R5.5 to R6 problems
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:52 pm 
I would like to say the folks involved with this project get a hardy congratulations on a great product.

A few issues have popped up with the migration and any help would be appreciated. (The good thing the original drive is still intact.)

The same machine was used but a new drive was bought to help in migrating from KM 5.5 to LinHES 6.01.

On the new drive the "new install" option was used for the installation process and was configured and updated via the web interface.

There a few items I need help with:

1. I can't find the Movie Times. I remember entering my Zip Code for the system to find theaters in the local area. But it doesn't even show up on the menu selections.

2. There is no on screen option to shutdown or reboot. It used to be in the KnoppMyth option. I know it's based on Arch, but am I setup wrong, or do I need to download/install something more?

3. Finally the Analog channels 2,3,4,5,6,7, look either slightly snowy or have wavy lines in them. I am using two PVR350 cards for recording. In KM 5.5 they look great. I left the card setting to default which was set to US-cable. Any suggestions?

4. Lastly, after rebooting a few times now the Mythfrontend won't automatically start during a boot up.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: R5.5 to R6 problems
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:00 pm 
jniffen wrote:
1. I can't find the Movie Times. I remember entering my Zip Code for the system to find theaters in the local area. But it doesn't even show up on the menu selections.

2. There is no on screen option to shutdown or reboot. It used to be in the KnoppMyth option. I know it's based on Arch, but am I setup wrong, or do I need to download/install something more?

3. Finally the Analog channels 2,3,4,5,6,7, look either slightly snowy or have wavy lines in them. I am using two PVR350 cards for recording. In KM 5.5 they look great. I left the card setting to default which was set to US-cable. Any suggestions?

4. Lastly, after rebooting a few times now the Mythfrontend won't automatically start during a boot up.

1. It's there somewhere... under info maybe?
2. You need to hit the "M" key on the keyboard or the equilv. key on your remote or manually edit mainmenu.xml and add a button for shutdown
3. ???
4. So you just see the LinHES desktop? Check your /var/log/mythfronend.log for errors since it should auto start.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:34 pm 
graysky wrote:

Information Center -> Movie Times is correct. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:43 pm 
graysky wrote:
jniffen wrote:

2. You need to hit the "M" key on the keyboard or the equilv. key on your remote or manually edit mainmenu.xml and add a button for shutdown
3. ???
4. So you just see the LinHES desktop? Check your /var/log/mythfronend.log for errors since it should auto start.

I burned a new CD from a MD5Sum confirmed ISO

Now the lower end channels look proper and clean.
Perhaps I didn't select US-Cable in the initial setup

For the Shutdown/Reboot:
Under Mythconfig --> Setup --> General -->
The Shutdown/Reboot was set to Auto detect.
Now it's at Exit, Shutdown. Reboot, setting.

The system of course boots to the Mythfrontend with the fresh install.

I still do not have Movie Times.
Information Center has:
Hardware Profile; Phone; News Feeds; Weather; NetFlix; web; System Status; ZoneMinder;

In the Software settings, the Movie Times is selected. Just no Icon.

Thanks for the replies, I'd feel I'm real close to being on 6.01.
Just would like to have Movie Times next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 am 
One more thing.
I was able to install WebAdmin and looked at the Installed packages in the System --> Pacman section. mythmovies was not listed.

Am I correct in thinking mythmovies was not installed? If so, how do I get it installed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:20 pm 
Site Admin
By default, it should be installed. All the official plugins are...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:54 pm 
Site Admin
Should have added...
Code:
sudo pacman -S mythmovies