View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:21 am 
I did an simply apt-get update, then apt-get install k3b, and after that myth just wouldn't start. I believe it was complaining about some libqt-mysql libraries. So I plaid around with that for a while and finally apt-getted some version of libqtmysql that would allow mythfrontend to start. While i'm happy I can watch TV again, mythmusic and mythgallery don't work

I get the following errors when I run it from the command line.
libGl.so.1: cannot handle TLS data
Unable to initialize plugin 'mythgallery'.
libGl.so.1: cannot handle TLS data
Unable to initialize plugin 'mythmusic'.

I guess some qt libraries changed when I installed k3b, which caused other things to stop working. I have removed mythmusic and mythgallery and re-installed them via the debs, to no avail. I guess I could try compiling them separatly, but then they will just be screwed up when the next version of myth is out and I want to simply apt-get update my myth stuff.

Any one else have this problem with k3b?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:54 am 
You know when you did the install and it listed a bunch of other packages that it needed to install or upgrade? Those are probably what caused your problem and the things you need to revert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:41 pm 
well lets start by saying that there is a reason mythbrowser is not currently in knoppmyth. It's becuase of a bunch of problems with qt and guess what k3b is a kde/qt program, so you were just asking for trouble.

Now for the real problem you are having now. My guess is that a new version of opengl got installed and screwed stuff up. if you are using nvidia you could probably just reinstall the nvidia drivers to fix it. if you are using something else not sure what to tell you.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:23 pm 
I installed both Konqueror and Konsole (KDE programs), I've actually done this several times and knew what I was getting into. Here's how I fixed my dependency problems:

cd /var/cache/apt/archives then dpkg -i --force-overwrite all_erroneous_package_names, then dpkg --configure -a to get the packages left unconfigured...Repeat many times.