View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:46 pm 
Hey i just did an auto install, everything was going good...

my setup:

1.7 ghz P4
PVR350
512 ddr
200 gig ide hd
g-force 4 mx 4000 agp

I installed the nvidia drivers, then installed XvMC and LIRC support on Pentium Pro/Athlon machines. Then i edited the XF86Config-4 and put Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"

Now I get an nvidia logo over the whole screen, it comes up fine on the tv but if i put the computer back on a monitor it's blank.

Is there a command to start myth going? cause when i reboot all i see is the nvidia logo now.
---
EDIT:
I fixed the freezing nvidia logo by updating to the newest nvidia drivers.

Now myth runs like it should, but i get no TV in from my pvr 350...
it just says "Can't initialize video"

I did the auto install from the newest iso released. Do I need to install a new version of ivtv also?

thanks for any help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:08 am 
Code:
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"

is an onptional command to FORCE nvidia to use TV out.. that is why you would only get video on your Svideo not your vga plug.. i dont use it. the only options i use are:
Code:
Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"

this doesnt force output so it should detect svidio and use it for the tv.. and if you reboot and plugin vga it should detect that and work.. you should only use Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV" if its not detecting your TV and you want to FORCE it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:40 am 
Actually there are other reasons for using Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV". My system wouldn't display X on the TV without a explicit ConnectedMonitor spec, even if I told it to use TwinView. Also, once you get past initial setup you'll generally want to set it for TV only so that Xv will work properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:48 am 
Quote:
you'll generally want to set it for TV only so that Xv will work properly.

XV seems to work great for me for six months now.. i think your hadcoding it goes back to what i said about system not decting the tv properly. because none of my systems i need to hardcode tv.. and several are HD systems so i would *think* i would see XV not working on those systems..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:05 am 
Maybe this isn't an issue with the newer Nvidia drivers, but when I was first setting up my system, getting TV Out working required substantial application of brute force. If you weren't explicit about the TV, X wouldn't work on it. I also started off in TwinView with the monitor plugged in so that I had a working display available while struggling with this and swapped back and forth between "known working" and experimental versions of XF86Config-4. In that case you had to be explicit that the TV was the only display you want it talking to.

Also while using TwinView the ConnectedMonitor option lets you specify the order of the two displays...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:06 am 
I must say that the connectedmonitor like got into the documentation initially because I insisted, because it would not work on my nforce2 onboard tvout without it. I think the type of video card makes a big difference as well, because at the time cesman was not needing to use it either.

Xsecrets