All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: specific changes?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:38 pm 
mattbatt wrote:
Well I've got good news and bad news.
The good news is that I upgraded my mythbox to a dual core amd 64 part (about a year newer than my old chip) and upgraded the ram to 2 Gb and with the new motherboard I was able to get a nvidia gt430. With all those upgrades I can play back the fox programs without stutter !!!!!! yay
The bad news is that the files are still broken it's just that I am overpowering them with hardware...
The superbowl ended up being a 24 Gb file that a running time of 00:00:00 and wont play on Windows.
Fox is doing something shady but now I know why some people are having issues and others aren't. I have the gt430 doing all the hard work on playback.
For the sake of documenting your details, you kept your hard drive as-is with Knoppmyth R5.5 on it and changed the motherboard, nvidia card and CPU?

Eric

KnoppMyth R5.5, Asus A8N-VM CSM (nvidia 6150 onboard video), AMD Athlon 64 dual-core 4200+, two 1GB sticks DDR 400, HD-3000 HDTV card, PVR-150 card, Iguanaworks RS-232 IR receiver/transmitter, Pioneer DVR-110 DVD burner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:02 am 
actually I was running 6.02 upgraded to 6.03 (with a fresh install of 6.03 I noticed some minor differences). The system is still functional minus the large drive and the tuner card I can boot into it.

Post subject: thanks for clarification
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:30 pm 
mattbatt wrote:
actually I was running 6.02 upgraded to 6.03 (with a fresh install of 6.03 I noticed some minor differences). The system is still functional minus the large drive and the tuner card I can boot into it.
Thanks for the clarification mattbatt.

I've been getting crickets from the KMSP tech people for the last month now. I suspect they won't discover/fix the problem, and it's going to end up requiring me to change my beloved, working R5.5 configuration to work around the Fox flaw. :cry:

For the short term, I did get a viewing workaround to work.
see:
http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21994

Eric

KnoppMyth R5.5, Asus A8N-VM CSM (nvidia 6150 onboard video), AMD Athlon 64 dual-core 4200+, two 1GB sticks DDR 400, HD-3000 HDTV card, PVR-150 card, Iguanaworks RS-232 IR receiver/transmitter, Pioneer DVR-110 DVD burner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:12 am 
I have no recording equipment at all as I use the tuner built into my Sony Vizio television. And I STILL get stuttering audio on Fox 9 (9.1 in HD). So I don't think it has anything to do with recording equipment or its playback. I truly think this is a problem on the part of Fox 9. I have re-scanned channels countless times and have seen no improvement. So we're forced to watch Fox programming in standard def.

If this is something Fox or Fox 9 Twin Cities is trying to do in order to discourage recording of copywrighted materials (I'm looking at you, NFL), they're doing themselves a disservice because they're also discouraging people from simply watching their broadcasts in HD. Whenever we hear that there's a new show on Fox that we want to watch, we remind ourselves it won't be available in HD and we usually pass on watching it until it hits the Fox website. I'm sure advertisers on Fox would be interested to hear if this problem makes people think twice before watching Fox.

Be responsive to your audience, Fox Twin Cities. Look into this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:29 am 
Hi JoeAtTheMic,

I just called KMSP's attention to your post to see if they knew anything about stuttering with a stand-alone tv set.

As of noon today (9-29-2014) a value change was made in the MPEG encoder for a different GOP value.
See if that helped.

Eric

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7