View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:51 am 
Does anyone know a fix for offsets using this new script? I want to "tape" scrapheap challenge on ABC 2 but it thinks it's on at 4:30pm not 6:30pm because I can't add an offset for the Vic Guide for WA time??

Cheers

Bj

edit: sorry cache didn't update so I didn't see the last posts!

Frontend3:Centrino in cubby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:44 am 
If its just a single show you are worried about, you could set the start early option to -120 minutes and the finish late option to +120 minutes until we come up with a real solution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:30 am 
That does in fact work! Excellent, I knew there had to be an easier way than the script running method - I didn't know you could use a large number like that in the start early box but it works :) welll done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:01 pm 
Is this new script - tv_grab_au going to ship with the next R5 release coming soon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:33 pm 
manicmike (or anyone) are you able to advise how to get your new tv_grab_au working with R5A30.2? I think it must use an older version of perl than is required, because this is what happens when I run tv_grab_au --config

Can't locate XMLTV/Options.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4
/usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/perl/5.8
/usr/share/perl/5.8
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .)
at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au line 100.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au line 100.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:21 pm 
Bj wrote:
Is this new script - tv_grab_au going to ship with the next R5 release coming soon?

Yes

Ralph wrote:
manicmike (or anyone) are you able to advise how to get your new tv_grab_au working with R5A30.2? I think it must use an older version of perl than is required, because this is what happens when I run tv_grab_au --config

Install a newer perl. The script is from the swedb script from R5F27, and modified with xmltv's grabber template/instructions. It's known to work on all recent versions of KM, but I didn't test with older ones like yours. KM is free of charge, so I expected people to upgrade their distro.

I think I already said all of this on the oztivo lists, though: The versions that came after R5F27 have a load of features you will come to love. Is there any reason you haven't upgraded?

Mike

P.S. see my post at http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... c&start=15 for instructions when the script is working

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:38 pm 
Bj wrote:
That does in fact work! Excellent, I knew there had to be an easier way than the script running method - I didn't know you could use a large number like that in the start early box but it works :) welll done.

What is it that works?? Did you carry out my instructions in the previous page to get it to work or set it to record 2 hours early?

Everyone. I asked Warren from oztivo to consider different versions of national channels so standard parsers can just work.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:15 pm 
manicmike wrote:
Everyone. I asked Warren from oztivo to consider different versions of national channels so standard parsers can just work.

I'd be interested to hear his response. I have spent some time trying to think of a good way to handle the channel specific offsets without coming up with anything good yet. I wonder how it does it for Schedules Direct listings...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:02 am 
manicmike wrote:
Bj wrote:

What is it that works?? Did you carry out my instructions in the previous page to get it to work or set it to record 2 hours early?

Mike

I tried both methods, but settled on a manual schedule because the missus can't run Run the script with "bash correctABC2.sh" script after mythfilling every day. I like the idea of separate schedules to pull for each state though...

Post subject: Auric's tv_grab_oztivo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:28 am 
I'm using this grabber successfully on KnoppMyth R5F27, though I'm using it in a script that dumps the output to a file which is then read by mythfilldatabase. It can run on its own but I've encountered a problem that I've not yet looked into.
Auric has given me some things to check.

I've had some conversations with Auric about the dependencies and timezone shift issues. The dependency that manicmike encountered has been revised and the timezone stuff (specifically with ABC2) have been fixed.
The timezone shift configuration is now very simple:
Code:
<movetimemap>
ABC2    LOCALTZ
</movetimemap>

The timezone in the feed for ABC2 is replaced with the one in the OS.

One of the dependencies is a bit odd:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/i386 ... tu2~gutsy1
the upnp perl module doesn't appear to exist for debian (??) as described at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=721656

It should be noted he uses Fedora, not debian, so the package names are different anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:28 am 
Removed cause I was an idiot up late and didn't go through all the files before posting an idiotic question.

Serves me right for being up in the middle of the night try to do things. :oops:

Just a tip I found as I have been working through this, ensure that you empty your cache directory before running mythfilldatabase, as I didn't and things didn't work properly and ended with mythfilldatabase ending in a Seg Fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:02 pm 
manicmike wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Install a newer perl. The script is from the swedb script from R5F27, and modified with xmltv's grabber template/instructions. It's known to work on all recent versions of KM, but I didn't test with older ones like yours. KM is free of charge, so I expected people to upgrade their distro.

I think I already said all of this on the oztivo lists, though: The versions that came after R5F27 have a load of features you will come to love. Is there any reason you haven't upgraded?

Yep - I would love to have the latest KM version and have tried to upgrade to a few of the newer versions as they've been released, but unfortunately in each case my database failed the upgrade, despite following the instructions in TJC's stickies. Seems beyond my capabilities I'm afraid :( (I did previously manage to manually upgrade my database by using a text editor, when upgrading from Myth 0.18 to 0.19, and have documented the procedure on the forum, but it wasn't easy and I don't fancy trying it again, now that I have almost 1000 recordings :!: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:38 pm 
Ralph wrote:
in each case my database failed the upgrade, despite following the instructions in TJC's stickies. Seems beyond my capabilities I'm afraid :(

I have had very similar problems: Sticking your cryptically named files into /myth/video and renaming them through video manager gets a bit old after a while!

I dread upgrades, and there IS another db upgrade coming due to 0.21.

Hmm... if you have enough disk space you could copy /myth/pretty/* to /myth/video. Pretty sure it would just move your recordings (with correct names) into the vid directory. Then you would at least have the file names.

Cheers

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:37 pm 
Caysho wrote:
The timezone shift configuration is now very simple:
Code:
<movetimemap>
ABC2    LOCALTZ
</movetimemap>

The timezone in the feed for ABC2 is replaced with the one in the OS.

Just how exactly is this applied?

Edit:

OK, I see now that you are referring to another grabber (Auric's rather than manicmikes). And that the movetimemap thing is an element of the config file for that grabber. It might have helped to provide a link.

http://web.aanet.com.au/auric/?q=node/14
http://web.aanet.com.au/auric/files/tv_grab_oztivo

So now I guess the question is, should this become the default au grabber? Any opinions manicmike, or Nigel Pearson?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:11 am 
Greg Frost wrote:
So now I guess the question is, should this become the default au grabber? Any opinions manicmike, or Nigel Pearson?

Aside from "I'm alright Jack"? :-) It can't be the default because it simply won't work in Knoppmyth. I couldn't resolve the large number of dependencies and get it to work at all, which is why I wrote one. There were some perl modules that didn't seem to exist in the standard debian version.
Mine can be modified more easily than including auric's script's dependencies (I doubt Cecil will add all of them, if it means bloating the ISO just for one grabber).

I'll get around to it if nobody else can (be arsed). Just had a poorly formed idea of a possible solution: Just keep using my bridge solution for a while longer or go with an alternative.

I heard that shepherd still works: It ignores oztivo and gets listings from elsewhere (yahoo, etc.).

Mike

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next