View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:18 am 
Well the grabber works but the channels are all @%*##$ up.

I created the new source and chose all the channels I wanted and then assigned the source to the cards. Did a scan of the channels and a few new ones appeared and the channel numbering changed for some channels.

None of the grabber channels appeared and I had to login thru mythweb and make the channels visible thru its interface. I could not see these channels from the mythtv-setup channel editor.
Once I have made them visible via mythweb then I can see them in the channel editor.

Problem now is that the guide doesn't come up with the channel number when changing channels. If I delete the channels not associated with the new guide data then I can't change channels. I think one of the databases is playing up.

Situation now: Guide is up. I have about 20 channels to scroll thru some with channel numbers and some without - nil guide data coming up when changing channels.

To get the

Seagate 500GB (Sata)
2x Dvico DVB-T Lite & Sony PlayTV (usb twin tuner)
TP-Link TL-WN881ND PCIe wifi card (not working)
Logitech Harmony One remote, CoolerMaster ATC-S case

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:42 am 
bearwood wrote:
Well the grabber works but the channels are all @%*##$ up.

What grabber? Three or four have been mentioned.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:50 am 
sorry, your one Mike I got it from this addresshttp://www.better-access.com/KM/tv_grab_au

Seagate 500GB (Sata)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:55 am 
manicmike wrote:
Greg Frost wrote:
So now I guess the question is, should this become the default au grabber? Any opinions manicmike, or Nigel Pearson?

Aside from "I'm alright Jack"? :-) It can't be the default because it simply won't work in Knoppmyth. I couldn't resolve the large number of dependencies and get it to work at all, which is why I wrote one. There were some perl modules that didn't seem to exist in the standard debian version.
Mine can be modified more easily than including auric's script's dependencies (I doubt Cecil will add all of them, if it means bloating the ISO just for one grabber).

I'll get around to it if nobody else can (be arsed). Just had a poorly formed idea of a possible solution: Just keep using my bridge solution for a while longer or go with an alternative.

I heard that shepherd still works: It ignores oztivo and gets listings from elsewhere (yahoo, etc.).

Mike
No worries. I agree that we are better with fewer dependencies. I didn't have any trouble getting it to work though. How long ago did you try it? I noticed a post somewhere stating that some changes had been made that reduced the list of dependencies (I still had to apt-get 4 things to get it to work). But, now using Auric's grabber, I have been able to offset the time for ABC2, And the HD channels so that it matches the programming in SA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:37 am 
bearwood wrote:
sorry, your one Mike I got it from this addresshttp://www.better-access.com/KM/tv_grab_au

OK. Yes, I experienced similar a few times. The grabber seems to make up its own channels and stick them into the DB. Not sure why, but the old, old one (by rohbags, a few years ago, which used d1) did the same thing. It shouldn't have changed the channel numbers, though.

However, you should have deleted and re-scanned your channels a few times this year. The ABC changed its numbering a few weeks ago, and several other changes happened when 1 went HD and you should also have updated all of your xmltvids when these changes happened.

If you have the xmltvids set correctly it doesn't do this weirdness.

I'd suggest deleting all of your channels, re-scanning, and adding the correct xmltvids.

Deletion is easy and you can do it from mythtv-setup (alt+2, alt+s) and follow up straight away with a channel scan. Go through the channel list and fill in the xmltvids for the stations you want.

Then, restart the backend (alt+1) and run mythfilldatabase.

If you have the machine networked, you can update all of the channel and xmltvid stuff through mythweb.

The HD stuff is rather annoying because of the huge numbers of gaps, so make sure you have the over-the-air epg thing ticked.

All feedback is welcome.

Mike

P.S. Just one more thing: Do you have "auto" set in mythtv-setup? I believe it should ignore the tz offset if you do, so if you have "none" set, it would explain everything (and save me some re-coding)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:05 am 
I'll give that a try tomorrow and let you know how I go. TV is now in use by the family so its off limits to me.

Some channel numbers have changed, as you said the grabber adds its own channel numbers but some of the old channel numbers dissappered.

I haven't done any maintenance to the box since it crashed in a power cut sometime just before Xmas.

Anyway as I said I'll give it a go tommorrow

Eddy

Seagate 500GB (Sata)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:09 am 
bearwood wrote:
I haven't done any maintenance to the box since it crashed in a power cut sometime just before Xmas.

APC UPSes are good value, have excellent Debian support and are a snap to set up. I have one, which has saved me a number of times.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:05 pm 
hi mike,
I have installed your grabber but I only get a small amount of content for certain channels.

when i run the mythfilldatabase it says alot of "failed to download"

any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:48 pm 
I managed to get it all working :D but it took a lot of trial and error.

The delete and rescan of the channels and subsequent adding of the xmltvids brought up 3 channels with guide data. When I used mythweb via the network there were 4 other channels showing in the Channel info screen but they had no channum so when that was entered I had all my channels in the guide.
Once I deleted the duplicate channels and demo HD channels and a system restart everything came good.
The only weird thing is that I have the 4 channels at the bottom of the Channel info screen as visible as well as the same channels that the rescan added. Hard to explain but if I delete either of the duplicates I lose either the guide data or I can't change channels. Very similar to what "dave4" is getting.

Mike I will PM you as I have a screen shot which may help. Thanks for the other pointers

Eddy

Seagate 500GB (Sata)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:57 am 
dave4 wrote:
hi mike,
I have installed your grabber but I only get a small amount of content for certain channels.

when i run the mythfilldatabase it says alot of "failed to download"

any ideas?

The content problem is because of there being missing info for the channels. This is nothing to do with the grabber. The HD channels are very light on for content. Are these the ones you mean?

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:22 pm 
I tried using the new tv_grab_au but not sure what i was doing wrong but I kept getting 7 and ten having large gaps in the data. I didnt try to long and decided to give shepherd a go.

Takes ages to initially run the setup but it was quiet usere freindly. I actually quite like it. So far so good.

It may take abit of bandwidth and I cant specify my source. But it doesnt bother me to much as I run it at 5 in the morning and as long as the data is accurate I dont care where it comes from.

One problem I had is I installed as a non root user so I now use Crontab to setup and run both Shepherd and Mythfilldatabas --file

Strange thing is System Info says that Mythfilldatabse ran but did not populate data however it is populating the guide so Im not sure why I see this error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:13 pm 
Digriz77 wrote:
I tried using the new tv_grab_au but not sure what i was doing wrong but I kept getting 7 and ten having large gaps in the data.

oztivo has large gaps in the data for the three newest stations. I assume you are only seeing it with 7/9/10 HD?

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:26 pm 
I just did a fresh install to sort out exactly what was required to get Aurics oztivo grabber working and this was all I needed:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install libconfig-general-perl
apt-get install libdatetime-perl
apt-get install libdatetime-format-strptime-perl
At the moment, this is my preferred solution because it works. It also doesnt seem to do anything crazy like adding channels without channel numbers to the database which the sweeden based grabber seems to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:48 pm 
Funny how something like an EPG running out gets the Aussies talking! :) Makes you realise how much you rely on (or take for granted) all the work that people do for nix on Mythtv and KM... cheers to you all!

Nathan

PS: Does anyone have any idea how many knoppmyth users there are in Oz?

Cooling: Zalman cu?,
Display: Benq xx projector

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:41 pm 
No, was having trouble with normal 7 and 10. It was weird big gaps and then data. I ran mythfilldatabase several times and it would not fill those gaps. But it looks like it was just me and no one else is having trouble.... anyway have gone across to shepherd for the time being.

Nice to see so many aussies, Ive often wondered how many users there are. No one I know uses mythtv. Am trying to get people at work interested so I have someone to talk to about it with instead of watching my wifes eyes glaze over.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next