View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:56 am 
edit - adding "-async 1500" into the ffmpeg recode line in mythburn.py has really helped out on this. 1500 is probably overkill (make sure you do > 1 since 1 means it will only sync the audio at the start). The place I got the idea from recommended 50.

Lantz
----------------

Ok, I've been fighting against this for a while now and I was wondering if anyone else is getting this to work.

I have an AirStar HD5000 and am getting OTA signals here in Chicago. I have no problems recording shows. The recorded mpegs play with correct audio sync in myth and with xine or whatever. However, when I create a DVD the audio falls out of sync (the audio starts in synch and drifts out around .5 to 2 seconds per half an hour depending on the recording).

The file kicked out of the original mythreplex (to apply the cut list or just to clean things up-- tmp) plays with perfect sync. However, once it gets ffmpeg'd out to the two streams (m2v and ac3) they are out of sync.

When I load the streams demuxed into my windows dvd creation software it reports the ac3 as being shorter than the m2v so I don't think it's a problem replexing the files back together.

I have tried the following things:

1) Upgrade projectx, ffmpeg, and mytharchive

2) use projectx to demux instead. This doesn't work as the files created can't be re-muxed together.

3) Run the mpg created from the initial mythreplex (tmp) run through projectx -tom2p to turn it into an .m2p mpeg and run the .m2p through ffmpeg. Still audio synch issues.

4) Run the .ac3 streams created through projectx --demux. This fixes stream errors really well. However it doesn't seem to alter the timing of the ac3 at all.

5) copied over mpeg to windows and tried out PVAStumento. I couldn't get it to get all the way through a file without crashing.

Anyone got this working or have any ideas?

Thanks,
Lantz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:01 am 
I know this is an old post, but I fought similar problems for so long I thought I would add this for others to see.

The fixes that I did in this post (look for post by cliffsjunk):
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13552&highlight=first+second
Fixed the audio sync issues that I had in the DVD's that I burned.

Older dual core 3.4ghz Intel CPU
Asus P5PE-VM Motherboard
2 GB RAM
1 TB LVM2
VirtualBox
Samba