View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:28 am 
I'm using MythTv to capture OTA HDTV in the US (Chicago) and that works fine and playback of the video is good. However, when I go to burn the files to DVD with MythArchive, the commercial cut is ok and ffmpeg encodes the files to the right format and when that file is played the sound is ok.

However, when the DVD is burned, the audio sync drifts significantly. I had an old SVN version of MythArchive on my previous install and it had the same basic problem. I did some debugging and found out that the older version of mythtranscode just couldn't get the job done right when it split the streams to seperate the audio and video. I monkeyed around with it for a while and got ProjectX to do the job and hacked up the script to use that and everything was fine.

I was going to post it up for others but I read a post that MythArchive was trying to move away from ProjectX in general, and also the patch notes showed mythtranscode having audio sync issues fixed so I just chalked it up as something that was probably fixed in the future.

Anyways, the future is here and I still have the same problems. I'm in the middle of making changes to use ProjectX again to see if I can get audio sync to work again. I was just curious if other people are seeing this issue and so I should write something up for others, or if everyone else is getting this to work just fine so I should spend more time debugging my setup.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:37 am 
The ideal solution would be to get mythtranscode and mythreplex to work together better on DVB files. The problem with projectX is that it adds at least two extra dependencies which when it was used in MythBurn gave a lot of people problems setting up properly.

Having said that I'm not totally against using ProjectX if it can be made to work. If it can be done so it is optional and doesn't complicate the script top much (I'm the one who will have to maintain this stuff :) ) then I will consider adding it.

Another chap was looking at doing the same thing but he discovered a problem with ProjectX in that sometimes the audio would dropout part way though a file. Possibly related to having run the file though mythtranscode before using ProjectX on the file. Have you seen anything like this?

Are you using it to cut the commercials or just do the demuxing? How do you handle files with multiple audio streams?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:20 am 
paulh wrote:
The ideal solution would be to get mythtranscode and mythreplex to work together better on DVB files. The problem with projectX is that it adds at least two extra dependencies which when it was used in MythBurn gave a lot of people problems setting up properly.

Another chap was looking at doing the same thing but he discovered a problem with ProjectX in that sometimes the audio would dropout part way though a file. Possibly related to having run the file though mythtranscode before using ProjectX on the file. Have you seen anything like this?

Are you using it to cut the commercials or just do the demuxing? How do you handle files with multiple audio streams?

I just use ProjectX to do the demux. With the old RD version I found an SVN version of ffmpeg and the -vsync option seemed to fix the problem of ProjectX cutting the audio off short. It was a mess getting set up, which is why I didn't push it as a patch or anything.

I haven't had the time yet to get everything working again in RE. I will update when I do, but I have a feeling it's going to be a mess again. I will post it regardless, because I know even if it's too messy to put into the real release maybe it'll help some others.

I agree that the best bet would be if all the existing tools worked together happier, but I realize that HDTV usage is new, so please no one think I am whining about anyone's work. A lot of commercial software can't handle the conversion either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:29 am 
I have sync problems burning dvb-c recordings to dvd. I temporarily fixed them by removing the "--fix_sync" options inside the mythburn.py file (note that both instances have to be removed).

There were some recent fixes for this, but I haven't been able to test if they fix the problem (I just moved and have no video sources at the moment)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:05 am 
I know this is an old post, but I fought similar problems for so long I thought I would add this for others to see.

The fixes that I did in this post (look for post by cliffsjunk):
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13552&highlight=first+second
Fixed the audio sync issues that I had in the DVD's that I burned.

If anyone tries this for this issue, please post if it helped.

Older dual core 3.4ghz Intel CPU
Asus P5PE-VM Motherboard
2 GB RAM
1 TB LVM2
VirtualBox
Samba