View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:58 pm 
Too Many Secrets wrote:
I'm resurrecting this thread as I'm having trouble getting qam to work on my HDHR running R5F1. I thought I got it working once, but now it locks but never shows picture and exits TV to main menu. I've got a KWorld 110 working with qam without problems, but no go on the HDHR. HDHR works just fine with OTA.

My question I guess is does qam work out of the box with F1 on the HDHR?

My answer is NO, not 100% for me. I can get some QAM channels out of the box but not all the channels I recieve with the HDHR GUI client. After SVN everything is fine.

Another gotcha that got me recently was I had my cable split too many times with low quality splitters. I removed one of the spits and worked fine again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:55 pm 
spalVl wrote:
Too Many Secrets wrote:
I'm resurrecting this thread as I'm having trouble getting qam to work on my HDHR running R5F1. I thought I got it working once, but now it locks but never shows picture and exits TV to main menu. I've got a KWorld 110 working with qam without problems, but no go on the HDHR. HDHR works just fine with OTA.

My question I guess is does qam work out of the box with F1 on the HDHR?

My answer is NO, not 100% for me. I can get some QAM channels out of the box but not all the channels I recieve with the HDHR GUI client. After SVN everything is fine.

Another gotcha that got me recently was I had my cable split too many times with low quality splitters. I removed one of the spits and worked fine again.

I've been spending much of the night with my scan file and recording from the command line. I can tune a bunch of qam, so I'm guessing the problem lies with myth. I guess I need to look into SVN? Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:03 pm 
I've been having some problems too with HDHR and R5F1. Trying to watch HD for me either exits the TV to the main menu or complains about not connecting to the backend. I haven't done a SVN update before, and am debating trying that or waiting for the next verison of KM which I thought I read elsewhere on the forums might occur this month.

Z

PS haven't updated my profile yet, but running an ASUS M2NPV-VM with the appropriate CPU, RAM, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:18 pm 
Prior to the SVN upgrade I would get a lot of "Error Displaying Video" messages. Happened on a few channels consistently.

There used to be a great guide over at SiliconDust forums a user posted, but was lost recently.

This is probably the best guide now.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HDHom ... c92cebdb24

In a nutshell, upgraded to SVN, I did a QAM-256 scan, then a QAM-64 scan. Then on my laptop I used the GUI HDhomerun client to verify what channels I was receiving vs what was in the channel table in KM MySQL over Webmin.
Lot of database editing to fill in correct channel IDs and I was set.

When I was done I exported the MySQL channels table so don't have to go though that again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:55 am 
As you suggested, I did an SVN upgrade and everything worked flawlessly. I used the script found here: http://www.mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewto ... 5&start=75 without any parameters. Thanks.

Now just have to go through the database...

Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:22 am 
zebra7 wrote:
As you suggested, I did an SVN upgrade and everything worked flawlessly. I used the script found here: http://www.mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewto ... 5&start=75 without any parameters. Thanks.

Now just have to go through the database...

Z

I was looking at that script but a little timid to try it, I think you have given me the push I need. Now I just need a little time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:43 am 
The script ran fine and it took a while (walked away for lunch, but > 15 minutes) to compile everything. But... seems like my mythweb is broken. Not a dealbreaker as the WAF is based on using the remote to control everything, but you should be aware of it. Programming the channels, xmltvid, call-signs, etc. was a bit of a pain, but now that I've removed all the channels that don't work, everything is working great on the HDHR front.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:31 am 
I ran the script on a test rig much like your listed and it ran fine though I have not tried MythWeb. svn tunes the HDHR with qam stations very nicely I also like some of the other feature of svn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:13 am 
Quote:
But... seems like my mythweb is broken.

You have to blow away the MythWeb directory (backup it and note permssions 1st) and copy MythWeb from MythPlugins.

MythWeb has some really cool enhancements in SVN.

Quote:
Update MythWeb

If you updated to the trunk, the web-based interface to MythTV (mythtweb) also needs to be installed (if you just updated to fixes, you can probably keep your current mythweb, as there are usually database changes to milestone releases.)

cd ~/svn/mythplugins/mythweb
cp -R * /var/www/mythweb

http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... hTVFromSVN

Go to page Previous  1, 2