View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:49 pm 
I just dropped in an ATI HDTV card to replace a KWorld. The ATI is now along side an Air2PC. At first I ran the setup and the cards showed up. I configured the cards (dvb), assigned my OTA source, and everything. Went to Live TV and only the ATI was getting a signal lock. OK, fumble around, all looks good, reboot, only the Air2PC is getting a signal lock. Rinse repeat, ATI not Air2PC.

As it stands the ATI is recording (OK), the Air2PC is 'recording' too, but since no lock, it's a 0 length file... nothing.

I've checked the setup, blown out the cards a couple times and reconfigured. I've double checked connections (the Air2PC connection hasn't changed only 1 input) with antenna. I've made sure cards are seated properly. ATI is card 0, Air2PC 1. I actually moved the Air2PC to the second PCI slot as it runs hot and darkend my Kworld card a bit, so I didn't want that to happen to the ATI.

Also I know that the Air2PC sometimes will get this 'no lock' after a reboot. It will last a few minutes and then work without problems. I've never worried about it as I've seen it reported by others. But now it won't lock at all.

Like I said, the ONLY time it worked with the ATI in the box, was when the ATI didn't work.

Any idea's I'm all ears... TIA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:29 am 
OK I have an update.

I tried swapping pci slots and cards... after a setup and everything I get the first card (now Air2PC) to work, 2nd card (ATI) no lock. I've swapped antenna leads as well and tried both inputs on the ATI, still no lock.

Also odd, even the the Air2PC is physically in the first slot it comes up as input 1 and the ATI as 0 when I setup. Doesn't matter which one I setup first, ATI is always 0.

As a further footnote, it took about 6 reboots to get the sound to come back on. Both times I had to setup the cards after I've installed the ATI, the sound has died and running alsaconfig does not bring up the utility. But in the course of setting up the cards I tried many reboots and after about 6 the sound comes back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:07 am 
My Air-2-PCs are happy as clams by themselves... (with the noted long recovery after a reboot..)
I was planning to see how they played mixed with Kworld cards (next release... I got a new setup ready to go..)
Based on what you got, (& you're probably the guy breaking new ground..) I probably shouldn't expect them to play nice with a Kworld either...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:32 am 
snaproll wrote:
My Air-2-PCs are happy as clams by themselves... (with the noted long recovery after a reboot..)
I was planning to see how they played mixed with Kworld cards (next release... I got a new setup ready to go..)
Based on what you got, (& you're probably the guy breaking new ground..) I probably shouldn't expect them to play nice with a Kworld either...

No, No. My Air2PC worked GREAT with my KWorld 110. Give it a go with the long thread here as a guide.

(The only reason I took out the working KWorld from this box is that I was setting up anther SFF box and the ATI wouldn't fit, where the KWorld would.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:25 pm 
Thanks for the steer on the thread... & I unnerstand mixing & matching cards.... Because they're there... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:54 pm 
OK disabled the Air2PC to try and get the ATI going. Reboot, now no sound. Tried the alsa fix here, but still no sound.

Reconfigured Air2PC. So now Air2PC is working, no ATI, no sound. <sigh>

What logs should I be looking at? What should I be looking for? <sigh>

UPDATE: I did the "blacklist" trick found in the Hints & Tips guide and that fixed the sound glitch (and an mplayer break incidentily). Still need to get the ATI working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:59 pm 
OK, I'm getting this from dmesg

Code:
cx88[0]/2: cx8802_timeout

A search hasn't turned up much on the forum. Still looking. Any insight appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:35 pm 
Oh man this is getting worse... I now think I have a udev problem. When I reboot my capture cards get switched around. The lables that I carefully setup for each card (ATI & AIR2PC) get swapped around. I confirm by pulling the antenna for the cards to see what is working. Ugh.... ATI still no lock with the above "cx8802_timeout" problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:31 pm 
OK, I was able to upgrade to R5F1 with no effect on this problem. After extensive google searching on the above error, I changed my IRQ settings for the PCI cards. After this I installed the cards one at a time and now they're both working. I had gone a day or better with either card alone in the box just fine, so it wasn't as though a driver or firmware wasn't being loaded and it wasn't a cable or hardware issue either. It was just that the 2nd card (whichever card it was) wouldn't lock even though 99% signal.