View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:49 am 
Hi, I am still fairly new to this still so my newest question for anyone willing to answer is about equipment to recieve HDTV channels from echostar satellite's. First off I am only able to scan the 110W bird, for some reason in my setup I have a diseq switch using LNB port 2(119) and LNB port 4(110). When I do a scan for channels I can only get 110 transponders regardless of which port I select. If I unplug the 110 LNB from the diseq I will get the 119 but, was unable to lock a signal even though scan was successful. Also I only recieve 25% signal and 9% noise. I checked the signal with an old reciever and it is actually in the 90's. Okay now I can scan all channels but none of the HD channels. Do I need a different type of LNB . I am using a 18" circular (Direct Tv dish) with a bracket that is made to hold 2 LNB's. So my LNB are just the regular dual that come with standard 18" dish. I hope this make sense.

Post subject: 110 HD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:43 pm 
The LNB should pickup HD as well as SD signals. Connect the 110 LNB cable directly to the card and check signal and strength to see if the problem is the dish (LNB or alignment) or your switch. DISEQC switches are known weak links and I HIGHLY recommend a quality CHIETA DISEQC SWITCH

Dishnet uses the Turbo-8PSK and requires a separate module to decode (Genpix Rev 2, 8psk module).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:42 pm 
Thanks for the reply I will try that as soon as daylight hits tommorrow. I have some updates to add so far. First the no Signal issue seems to just be a problem with mythtv I have been able to lock channels but, the issue is that it seems to run and if I watch the same channel for a while I have no problem but as soon as I change the channel I get NO SIGNAL LOCK even on the channel that I was watching. I then reboot the box sometimes it will work immediately after and others I have to wait. I think it could possibly be that I installed R5F1 and right after I follow the tutorial at Opensvn.csie.org for compiling the kernel to install Sasc-ng. The tutorial is for R5E50 but, I can't see how that would be relevant. I will post my results.(it could be a while)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:25 pm 
No problem. I know sat dishes, just now trying MYTH and SAC-NG and going thru some learning curve.