View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:42 pm 
It looks like anything I flip through while watching live TV winds up in the list of recordings in the media library, and it won't let me delete them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:11 am 
There's a setting to hide them, can't remember where though...search the forums it's a common question.

KM: R5.5
CPU: Athlon 3800+
Vid: nvidia 7300GT
Snd: Chaintech av-710
Tuner: PVR150
HD: 1000gb sata + 750gb sata + 500gb usb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:38 am 
I'm not sure if the box will autodelete short live TV recordings itself. I found that if you come out of the recordings list and go back in after a delay those ones are either gone, or if still there can then be deleted, when they couldn't be deleted the first time.

That's how it seems to me anyway.

:wink:

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:57 pm 
Hi,

That is normal operation for "surfing" for the recording of little snippets of a show. As was mentioned earlier I think there is a setup selection that will make them invisible. In the old days the live tv was stored in a cache directory so you could pause, backup etc.

Because I was using a small drive way back when, I used the tv as a cache then someone in the dev crew figured that if the tv folder was used as cache that also you could have more storage space :) And better yet, if you chose to save something that wasn't a scheduled recording you now have that option too. That occurred about the time when recordings went from .nuv to .mpg

As often happens in a busy household, you sit down to catch the news and that is about the time the telemarketers start calling. By the time you tell them where to go and you can get back to your news, it is over. Because it was on channel and you had started to watch it, it is still there so you can catch the favorite part, the weather.

The story is basically true, but I am only surmising about the middle part with the devs. The little snippets auto delete very quickly as space is needed.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:16 pm 
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_is_MythTV_recording_EVERYTHING_I_watch_in_Live_TV.3F