View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: CN400 Unichrome and HD
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:08 pm 
I am running into issues playing HD over the hardware decoder in my SP13000. I have 2 tuners in my backend, one a PVR250, the other an AverTV 180A HD. I can play SD quite well and have verified that it is going through the hardware decoder. When I try to play the HD, Myth crashes and leaves the following in X.org.log

DRM memory allocation failed
(EE) CHROME(0): [XvMC] ViaXvMCCreateSurface: Unable to allocate frambuffer memory!

I'm running Knoppmyth R5F27 on the SP13000 with 512 MB of RAM over PXE boot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:13 am 
If this is a graphics card built into the motherboard you might
try jacking up the amount of memory given to the video card.
You do this in the BIOS.

Cliff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:50 am 
This looks like an interesting board. Can you tell us more about it?

First glance it doesn't look like enough horsepower to handle HD. It's a Via 1.3Ghz CPU? If the on-board hardware decoder is working and can do full HD it might be a cheap frontend.

Though the AppleTV is pretty cheap and nice to look at.

Post subject: CN400
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:38 pm 
I have jacked up the memory to the max (64M) allowed in the bios. The board does do hardware decoding with viaXVMC. This board is supposed to do HD decoding up to 1080i, however I have yet to get it to work with HD. It crashes immediately every time an HD is played.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:51 am 
I really doubt this will fix your problem, and I am very uneducated in terms of linux. BUT I had problems with my nVidia video card even being able to boot and I had to add vmalloc=512MB into my append="..." line in the /etc/lilo.conf file.

So for example my append line in /etc/lilo.conf now reads:
append="splash=silent apm=power-off nomce quiet vmalloc=512MB pci=routeirq "Also remember that you will have to run lilo as root after modifying the lilo.conf file.

My box has 1GB of ram and setting the vmalloc to 512MB does not seem to affect the use of RAM by programs, so I must admit I am not too sure what it does, just that it seems to fix Video Memory problems, which it looks like you have.

- cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:08 pm 
I can use xine to play the files just fine. This appears to be an issue with MythTV. I wonder if it has been fixed in Mythtv0.21. I'm going to hop over to the Mythtv forums and check it out.

Post subject: gotten farther along
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:30 pm 
I have gotten much farther along. I set my default color depth to 32 instead of 24 in xorg.conf. This stops mythtv from crashing and the mpeg2stream is decoded. However, The screen does not display the video. Instead it is a blank blue background. Audio is playing flawlessly. I investigated this and it appears to be an issue with mythtv. See http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1842 . The issue has been fixed for Mythtv0.21 but I don't think it was released for 0.21. I am hoping that Cecil included this patch in R5.5. If not, I'll probably have to recompile.

Post subject: Re: gotten farther along
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:07 am 
bpierce815 wrote:
...t appears to be an issue with mythtv. See http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1842 . The issue has been fixed for Mythtv0.21 but I don't think it was released for 0.21. I am hoping that Cecil included this patch in R5.5. If not, I'll probably have to recompile.

If it is an issue for more than one user you might want to PM Cecil/Dale/tjc.

Cliff

Post subject: Re: gotten farther along
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:38 am 
bpierce815 wrote:
issue with mythtv. See http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1842 . The issue has been fixed for Mythtv0.21 but I don't think it was released for 0.21. I am hoping that Cecil included this patch in R5.5.

As far as I can tell, ticket 1482 was resolved in changeset 14477, which was well before the 0.21 branch was created (see http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/log/branches ... ollow_copy).

No idea about this particular decoding bug, though.