View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:44 pm 
Has anyone come across MythTV scanning multiplexes wrong? I started to work on my Anysee E30 Plus to make a settopbox to our cabin, and since the device now has v4l -drivers, I went ahead and compiled those. (See http://www.mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18550 for details on that.)

The device itself is working perfectly, because I can watch tv with Kaffeine. All channels from all multiplexes are there. Mythtv-setup found a DVB DTV 3.x device and I can scan the channels, and it finds them. tried that using full scan and importing channels.conf. Both went through nicely.

But when watching tv I get black screen with status line "Signal 19% | BError 0|(l__) No lock", and after a moment the message stating that the channel should have tuned already.

I spent a long time trying to get to the bottom of the problem. And I think I got it. There were five multiplexes in "dtv_multiplex" -table in mythconverg. And all the frequencies (and other values) were wrong. There should have been only four muxes. I know this because I have a working R5E50 attached to the same antenna. I tried setting the transport streams manually, and even taking "dtv_multiplexes" and "channels" from the R5E50 installation.

Now scanning finds the channels, but when I try to watch tv, it just jumps back to the main menu.

Any help would be appreciated, once again...

MBE&FE: GeForce MX440, Athlon XP 2000+, MSI KT333 Ultra, onboard audio, 512 MB, 2 x Technotrend T1500 DVB-T, LiteOn DVD±RW 16x DW1650-488C, Seagate 250 GB
FE: 1500MHz Geforce MX200-V, int. audio, 256MB

Last edited by auttila on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:53 pm 
auttila wrote:
Has anyone come across MythTV scanning multiplexes wrong?

Hi,

I have seen the same thing. It seems to occur only with higher frequency repeater channels.

I think that mythtv's channel scan isn't working properly for higher channel numbers.

Someone has said that RF27 scanned these OK, and I'll check this out. I thought it may have been hardware related. Will get back to you with any findings but scanning with RF27 then upgrading might be a good way to test it.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:22 pm 
Thanks, Mike!

Unfortunately R5F27 isn't an option, since it has older kernel, so v4l drivers neede for Anysee don't compile. Also getting th dtv_multiplex -table from an old working installation didn't work. I guess I'll have to go over the values in it manually. :( I'll post what happens once I get motivated enough...

You are right, it is hardware (or at least driver) related, because a friend of mine made a fresh R5.5 installation just like I did, and it worked out of the box.

I'm starting to think Anysee turned out to be a bad choise after all. What am I? A vacuum for incompatible components? The only good choise I've ever made was my wife.

MBE&FE: GeForce MX440, Athlon XP 2000+, MSI KT333 Ultra, onboard audio, 512 MB, 2 x Technotrend T1500 DVB-T, LiteOn DVD±RW 16x DW1650-488C, Seagate 250 GB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:36 pm 
Ok, I got it. The frequencies really were wrong! Changing them manually worked like a charm, and now I even got Multirec (3 virtual tuners)!

[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:11 am 
auttila wrote:
Ok, I got it. The frequencies really were wrong! Changing them manually worked like a charm, and now I even got Multirec (3 virtual tuners)!

[/list]

That's great, but it still leaves the problem that mythtv did not scan the frequencies correctly.

I'll investigate further when time permits.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:28 pm 
I have followed these instructions but I simply cannot get it working here on KPN in the Netherlands. I've scanned and gotten wrong frequencies, updated it from the data in this table: http://home.planet.nl/~ploe2070/fmtv/dv ... kpntv.html. Ie I edited it to make sure everything is set correctly, frequency and all the other parameters.

When select live TV it shows up channels but keeps stating partial lock, signal 32% and never locks.. :S I'm not sure what else to-do?

Any help GREATLY appreciated, I'm trying to set this system up for a demo.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:23 am 
With KPN's Digitenne: Do you try to tune in on encrypted channels? If not make sure that you have your tuner setup for FTA only. If you want use encrypted channels then you need to make sure the (soft)CAM is working and there is access to the subscription card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:33 am 
I am using encrypted channels but I do have the card available. I was able to watch the streams from channels.conf through xine.. so this is a problem with the configuration of MythTV.

Now, thinking about it, I don't know if I need to use MythTV ultimately I want to stream the content from over the air to other computers, I could use vlc or dvdstream. Anyone have experience with those?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:20 am 
Here's another thing - All the encrypted channels don't work. The free to air ones display but the encrypted ones do not -

tzap can lock on them correctly, I also have the smartcard inserted inside the device.. not sure what might be the problem?

Is it not supported under linux?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:48 am 
willem wrote:
With KPN's Digitenne: Do you try to tune in on encrypted channels? If not make sure that you have your tuner setup for FTA only. If you want use encrypted channels then you need to make sure the (soft)CAM is working and there is access to the subscription card.

Just read your message, what is (soft)CAM? I have the subscription card inserted..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:14 am 
Not a Digitenne user myself, but I believe the encryption is Conax based. So what you would need is a Conax CAM (common access module) and a smartcard with your subscription info. CAMs look a lot like PCMCIA cards. You say you already inserted the subscription card. Usually that would be inserted into a CAM. The functionality of a CAM can also be emulated in software. That would then be a softcam. An example of such a solution is sasc-ng (not sure if that would do Conax decryption though). The subscription info is then read using a smartcard reader (connected to a serial or USB port).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:43 am 
The Anysee E30+ I'm using as DVB-T tuner has a slot for the subscribtion card. this is where I placed it. Perhaps the v4l drivers don't support it since it doens't seem to care about it.

Post subject: Good point.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:11 am 
Good point.

buy wow gold