View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Nova-T 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:29 am 
Hi,
Here's a quick(ish) one for you all using the Hauppauge Nova-T 500.

edit : Coz I did some reading.

My Nova-T 500 works brilliantly in Myth, but caused problems with shutdown and MythWelcome. This appears to be a known problem. I believe it's to do with the usb controller on the card. Anyone know of a way to kick the card to force it to do whatever it needs to do to enable the mythbox to shutdown cleanly (and thus use mythwelcome with this card installed)?

The number on the sticker on my card is: 99101 LF Rev D8B5
This is a different number from those shown on the mythtv website.

Any information, experiences and feedback would be good.

Many thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 am 
Having a look around online, there is not much information on this, except the reference to the nova-t 500 having problems with the usb controller, I found a post that suggests it might be an IRQ sharing issue. This is something I will look into and post back on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:21 pm 
Hi tophee,

I'm a NOVA-T 500 card user which I got a year back but haven't had any such problems with shutdown and mythwelcome. The only problems I sometimes have (more so with R5F27) were partial locks on the DVb signal when tuning causing the frontend to lock up and the remote sometimes not work. I don't know the number on my card and it would be quite hard for me to check because of the location of my mythbox.

I'd first check that there is nothing else in your setup that could be interferring with the card and that the remote is set up correctly. Else I'm a bit stumped really. What sought of problems were you getting?

Mythman

Running Knoppmyth R5.5 on a Compaq EVO D510 (sff) w/ P4 1.8GHz, 1GB RAM, 330GB 7200rpm Maxtor IDE HDD, XFX Nvidia GeForce 6200 (AGP low profile, p/n: PV-T44A-WANG) and Huappauge NOVA-T 500 DVB-T dual tuner PCI card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:24 pm 
Just the shutdown issue. I think it's the interrupts. But I've only got two PCI slots on my mobo. When I remember next, I'll have a look in the BIOS and see if there is any interesting information.