View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:01 am 
I recently found that I was no longer able to tune in Comcast digital channels 704 (KRONDT2) and 712 (KBCW). The usual process of rescanning did not help. Some more digging showed that these channels had been moved to 519mhz in my area. Here is how I resolved the problem on R5.5:

1. Deleted the row for 519mhz from the table dtv_multiplex

2. Deleted all rows in table channel that reference the row deleted in step 1.

3. In mythtv-setup, input connections, allow tuning of encrypted channels and allow tuning of audio-only channels.

4. Full rescan, minimal updates.

I was now able to tune in 704 on freqid=73, serviceid=1; 712 on freqid=73, serviceid=5. If anyone requires more detailed instructions, let me know.

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:54 pm 
This is totally weird, but I noticed I can't receive OTA broadcasts for channels 2, 4, and 5 in Santa Clara. I haven't had the time to look into why -- I just assumed something went wonky in my receiver card. I'm away from home for a few days so it will be a little while before I can look into it, but I wonder if something happened during the great "transition"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:44 am 
Joe, there are two possibilities. First try simply re-scanning -- this solved it for my brother who lives in Ohio and uses OTA. It also appears that some of the stations haven't yet turned up to full power yet, so some people are having temporary reception problems w/ some of the channels.

My problem was caused by all the massive channel juggling that Comcast is doing as they do their own conversion...

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:13 pm 
The odd thing is all my OTA stations were working before "the switch" but FOX (2), KRON (4), and NBC (5) failed afterwards. It's probably just my setup since no one else is screaming here. No Simpsons?!?! Oh, the humanity!