View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: DVB and Schedules Direct
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:28 pm 
I have been using Knoppmyth to watch/record OTA digital channels without problems for a while. However, I did not use a program guide of any sort. I recently decided to get Schedules Direct set up to make my life a little easier.

When I fetch the program guide data from the listing source in mythtv-setup only the non-digital channels from my Schedules Direct listing are displayed. When I run mythfilldatabase and go into mythfrontend, the only program guide data I see is for these non-digital channels. My listing source on the Schedules Direct website displays all channels (analog and digital OTA), so I know it's available.

It seems that I'm missing a step. I understand that the channel number Schedules Direct lists is a "virtual" channel number but I don't understand what I need to do to map that to an actual channel that I can tune to and see program guide data for.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention: I am using an analog tuner (PVR-150) hooked up to a digital converter box, so there is another layer because I use an IRBlaster to tune the converter box.

Last edited by klarten on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:21 pm 
Not sure about your setup, but I have both analog (PVR-1,350) and digital tuners in my system. I setup 2 sources in my SD account - 1 for analog (cable), and the other for digital (QAM, but should work the same for OTA). The analog source points to my cable provider's listing, the digital to Local Broadcast Listings - Antenna.

Within MythTV I point the analog cards to the Cable listing, the digital cards to the Local Broadcast listings. I don't know if there is a better way to do this but it has worked for me for the past few years now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:04 pm 
I am just using the 'Local Broadcast Listing-Antenna' from schedules direct since I don't have any digital tuner cards.

I guess my problem is that I'm not seeing guide data for any of the digital channels, even though they show up in my listing on the Schedules Direct website. Either they're not being downloaded at all, or they're not being put into the program guide for some reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:22 am 
To get digital listings to show up on my system with a digital tuner, I not only have to point it at the schedules direct lineup, I also have to do a channel scan on the digital tuner and then only found channels show up in the guide.

I'm not sure how you would manually enter digital channels to make them show up if you don't actually have a digital tuner in the system.

Maybe something in the backend setup: (alt-S) under "Channel Editor". I see there is a "new channel" selection there. You could try playing with that. Perhaps entering call signs and channel numbers that correspond to you digital schedules direct listings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:49 am 
Thanks for the tip, that steered me in the correct direction. The problem is that when I scan for channels, nothing is found because my analog card can't 'tune' the digital converter box. So, it thinks there are no channels so nothing gets put into the program guide.

What I had to do was manually add channels and then manually enter the corresponding XMLTV ID found by doing a report on my listing on Schedules Direct.

It was actually pretty clean because I don't have to worry at all about frequencies (the DTV converter box takes care of that), I can just add a channel number and corresponding XMLTV ID and everything is good.