View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:58 pm 
Well Got mythtv recompiled with proper xvmc support and native alsa.

I can now playback recorded hdtv streams without dropped frames. Plays back at about 60% utilization. not sure if it's 720p or 1080i.

Still haven't had time to try to troubleshoot the audio athority converter, so unfortunately I Don't have the true hdtv output.

for those who are wondering about my results with xvmc I haven't had any problems yet, but then again I have only watched a couple of recordings, which is all I do 98% of the time anyways.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:00 am 
So that's smooth playback from within MythTV, or with xine-hd? And this is on the hardware you mentioned on Page 1 (Athlon XP 1700+)? Sounds good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:22 am 
yes it's smooth playback on my athlon 1700+ like I said not sure if it's 720p or 1080i, and it's not being played back at native resolution, I am outputting at 1024x768 over svid.

Also I am using xvmc, the problem people have with xvmc If I remember correctly is freezing etc when changing channels, and I haven't tried livetv at all on an hd channel, so I may well have those problems, but If I do it's not a huge deal to me I very rarely watch livetv.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:55 am 
Xsecrets wrote:
Well I don't know I've been playing with this linux thing for quite a while, and I still feel like a novice sometimes. :wink:

On some lists more than others.

Heck, I figured you to play one of the members of Posiden's court! How do you look in a mermaid costume with a cotton mop for a wig? ;-) :D ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:38 pm 
If you get good operation on XvMC you'll be the first! Congratulations! Although for the official Ripley's Believe-It-Or-Not designation we'll have to wait until you're actually outputting 1080i to the TV thru your AA box. Any ideas why it's not working?? I was lucky to have a TV with a VGA input, but I was thinking of getting an AA box in case I change my set some day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:39 pm 
no idea at all why it's not working. It just doesn't seem to do anything, but I have not had much time to troubleshoot it. Will hopefully be getting to that this weekend.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:28 pm 
Definitely try it with multiple systems and/or video cards if you get a chance. As their tech support told me, at the least you should see all the POST messages (everything before LILO comes in). Good luck... if you get that solved, maybe you can explain how to fix a broken XvMC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:17 pm 
Yeah problem is I'm not rich I don't have multiple systems and/or video cards lying around. I have my main box, which is full and doesn't have room for a video card, so if the onboard video is not working I'm kinda screwed (will test with a monitor this weekend, but I have to lug one downstairs.) and I have a partial box that will become a development box, but it's upstairs, I suppose I could lug it downstairs this weekend as well to see if the video card in it outputs anything at all.

Like I said I just get nothing whatsoever. no post, no X, no garbled screen nothing. It's as if there is no signal of any sort. Of course I have not hooked up an oscope or anything.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:45 am 
Sorry, just thought you'd have a different system to try out. Maybe even borrowing a laptop or system from a friend could determine what was to blame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:21 am 
well actually I do have a laptop. I didn't even think about the vga out on it. :roll: I can be so dense sometimes.

Xsecrets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:27 am 
well tried with the laptop, and still nothing at all, so it must be a bad converter. that sucks, guess I'll have to wait till I can get a new converter, but that won't be till after the holidays for sure.

Xsecrets

Go to page Previous  1, 2