View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:35 pm 
started around 9 this morning, various snags taken care of to get to menu. When I hit watch tv it says all inputs are recording, you can't watch tv, go to bed. From reading in here all day, I guess 4v5 won't work because it uses HD-2000 drivers.
Had I known this I would have tried another couple weeks on FC2..eeesh

Be a good neighbor, shield your lights, save electricity, and be more secure. Darksky.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:15 pm 
My understanding is that the HD-3000 doesn't work with the HD-2000 drivers (as you've discovered) and that the drivers for the 2.4 kernel don't compile with KnoppMyth R4V5. Your option is basically to upgrade the kernel to 2.6 and use the 1.6 drivers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:54 pm 
Nerdful1 wrote:
started around 9 this morning, various snags taken care of to get to menu. When I hit watch tv it says all inputs are recording, you can't watch tv, go to bed. From reading in here all day, I guess 4v5 won't work because it uses HD-2000 drivers.
Had I known this I would have tried another couple weeks on FC2..eeesh
Love the attitude... It isn't because of FC2, either. Use it if you want. You give no real clue to want problem(s) you have/had. You automatically assume 3000 would work w/ 2000 drivers. Then the "eeesh". Good luck.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:10 pm 
What's stopping you (the original poster) from upgrading your kernel and then compiling your drivers? I tend to think of KnoppMyth as a beginning, not the destination.

I started with a stock v4r4 KnoppMyth, and have changed the bootloader (I loathe lilo), the kernel, the ivtv drivers, I've upgraded mythtv twice via apt and am now happily working in cvs-land. I recently added in udev, upgraded qt, libraries... you name it it's been changed. That's the real magic of open source, you're not at the mercy of a vendor for changes you need now.

So, why didn't I just start with a different distribution? Because KnoppMyth does a lot of nice things for you like setting up mysql for instance. Recently, I wanted to get mythtv going on my laptop that runs Mepis. It took hours for me to discover just why it was that mysql didn't want to talk to me.